CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

My F2

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My F2

hey guys, been browsing these boards since i bought my f2 in november. being away at school stopped me from working on it until i got home midway through may. finally got everything on my f2 put together and got it running etc. There's a few pics below. Here the short version of the bike.... bought it from a guy who said his friend had sold it to him because he wrecked it doing a wheelie. He never claimed any insurance on it so it still has a clean title the gauges were busted, the front bracket stay was bent severly, tail section was totally messed up in addition to a pretty nice amount of road rash of almost all the plastic (although the tank is in perfect condition). i used ebay and bought a service manual as well as all the parts i needed (little things like a broken clutch lever and footpeg amoung others).

the upper left fairing was nearly destroyed. it was in 4 pieces and i thought for sure it would need to be replaced. however one of my friends claimed he could fix it up with fiberglass material and it would work just fine. i was doubtful but let him try it anyway since i thought i would need to buy a new piece. as it turns out he did a wonderful job on it and we got it mounted up last night! it just has some black primer on it right now, i plan to repaint the bike sometime later in the summer. there are pictures of this below.

i had to buy new gauages off of ebay (those things are expensive!) and i threw the bracket stay in a vice and beat on for a while until it was mostly back to normal. thats some pretty tought metal and you cant tell it was messed up unless you really get in there and look hard. plus i didnt want to shell out $150+ for one off of ebay.

i had a family friend clean out the cabrs for me as it had not run in almost a year. we also straightened out the frame on the back of the bike (the previous owner fell backwards and to the left on his wheelie) and it surprisingly looks really good as well. once all the engine components were back on it fired up fairly easy and seems to be running strong after a filter and fluids change. thanks for all the help ive gotten from the people who have responded to my questions! heres the pics

1 more technical question for you gurus out there, guess i didnt look hard enough through the manual for this one. when i put the key it and turn it to on, all the standard lights come on but the oil light comes on too. once the bike is started the oil light goes off. im assuming this is suppose to happen? thanks again!

Old 06-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Default RE: My F2

good looking bike!!all the work paid off !! you cant even tell

as for the oil light a long as it come on but goes off when the bike is started then everything is good! thats how it is supposed to be..

Old 06-14-2006, 07:32 PM

thanks! was just looking for some reassurance i guess. forgot to put a pic up of the tail, here it is, straightened out the best i could...

Old 06-14-2006, 10:53 PM

Sweet bike... Not in bad condition for an F2... But, I'd ditch that rear turn signal/ license plate bracket. Mount the license plate to the back of the battery box, and get some new turn signals. I got my turn signals from my buddy's 05 R6. I mounted them inward over the rear tire. It looks sweet, and I get compliments on it all the time. It just cleans up the rear of the bike a lot.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:14 PM

ya i definitley want to do something with that rear fender sometime soon. i wanted pass inspection first (going tomorrow) and get all the paperwork stuff out of the way. do you have a license plate light on yours when its mounted on the battery box? if not, does it still pass inspection? i was under the impression that i needed to have that light to pass inspection (im in virginia) so thats the only thing thats holding me back right now.

Old 06-15-2006, 04:52 AM

Daddy like!

Old 06-15-2006, 07:10 PM

Hey, you have my bike! Even down to the same Yosh pipe. I haven't come across anyone else with the same color F2,ever. And we're in the same state

Old 06-15-2006, 08:51 PM

awesome! where in va do you live? im in fredericksburg, halfway between richmond and DC on I-95. in othe rnews, my bike passed inspection today and i finally got my motorcycles license! had on the road legally for the first time today haha. thanks for the compliments, still needs some work but im very happy so far!

Old 06-16-2006, 04:28 PM

I'm up in Leesburg. Congrats on getting the license and passing inspection. I've had my F2 for a year and a bit and still love the bike. It is a ton of fun to ride.

Old 06-19-2006, 06:15 PM

hey i need fiber glass work on my f2 upper fairing would he do it