CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

My 1993 CBR 600 F2 from India

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1993 CBR 600 F2 from India

This is my first post on the CBR forums, and attached are the pics of my 1993 CBR 600 F2.
Acquired it in a very sad state and worked over 3 months to bring in back to life.
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Old 03-08-2013, 09:15 AM

Here are the pics after uploading to postimage.
My father posing on the F2.

pic upload

online photo storage

online photo storage

Old 03-08-2013, 11:14 AM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sweet bike....

Old 03-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum Sodahyogesh,

You did a great job on the bike. Where do you ride in India? I've ridden Enfield's up to Leh and Srinigar across Khardung La. Love your country.

Cheers, SB

Old 03-08-2013, 06:25 PM

Great looking F2. Welcome.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:57 AM

Thanks a lot everyone for the like. Still loads of upgrades planned for the sweet baby, as and when time permits I will be adding the stuff to the ride.

I need a small help from the team here, the casing of the speedo cluster on my bike is broken, i need the outer casing the black one plastic thing, all my gauges run absolutely fine, just the frame of the cluster is broken.

As its an imported bike in India spare are not available here, i have been arranging the stuff from UK USA HK China stuff.

@Sebastionbear: i am located in Mumbai bro, nice to hear that u have been to the leh and srinagar, belv me i have still not got a chance to visit the most beautiful part of my country yet.

here are few more pics of the stuff which are planned.
New exhaust end can.
Manual CCT
Fortunately got a set of 1996 F3 forks and rear set at a steal price as a friend modded his F3 with 954 and F4i stuff here.
Will be dropping the upper end of the forks in the F2 legs.
I have attached the pics of the bike when i had bought it, it was ina sad state and poor paint job all round. Half red and half black.

images

images

photo sharing

Old 06-07-2013, 11:03 AM

Guys, i am back with some updated.
The follow spares are coming in for the F2.
USA:
1)Cam Chain, Cam chain guide slider etc etc, just for safety after the Manual CCT installation
2)Front Rotors, Fuse box cover, front Brake lines (thanks JNS Racing for the help)

UK:
1)Spare CDI
2)Spare Rectifier
3)Spare Coils with leads
4)Right & Left Hand controls with connectors and choke and throttle cables also
5)Fairing stay bracket
6)Carb Set
7)Tank Rubber bush
8)Dynojet Stage 1 kit
9)Front brake pads
10)Battery box

All of these items were bought at a very very cheap rate thru auctions and most of these were won like 0.99 to 3 pounds too opening bids.

Stocking all the parts as its impossible to source parts in India and well if they are available at dirt cheap rate and i have friends who can get it to my hand without any shipping cost, its a steal.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:26 PM

Need one more help from you guys!!! Its monsoon and raining heavily in India, need to keep the bike parked for almost 4 months. What precautions need to be taken?

Old 06-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So long as it will actually not get wet, the only thing to worry about would be the fuel in the tank and carbs - if there's a chance it will get wet, like really wet, with high winds and lots of water, you might want to block your exhaust off at the rear.

For the fuel, just add some stabilizer, and run the bike long enough to get some of that fuel/stabilizer mix into the float bowls... you could then go ahead and drain the float bowls as well, after turning the petcock off.

Also, regarding the wet, like above, if the bike itself is going to get really wet, and maybe stay wet for prolonged periods, you might even consider putting some dialectic greas on electrical connections that will be affected, to help prevent corrosion/failure of connections/switches.

If you're going to have this thing wrapped up tight, with water-shedding tarps or something of the like, then your main concern would just be the fuel stabilizer.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:13 AM

Well Jeff, it do rains heavily there but the bike will always be covered and standing in a proper concrete over head parking assigned to me. Just that i would move out for 4 months, can i start it and idle for 20 mins every week?
The bike will never get wet for sure, the only thing it would be standing for a long time.
What is this stabilizer by the way?

Quick Reply: My 1993 CBR 600 F2 from India