CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Michelin Pilot powers vs. Pirelli Diablo rossos

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 07:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michelin Pilot powers vs. Pirelli Diablo rossos

looking at both these tires about the same price. dont care about that. need the better tires since this is my first bike, so i can build up my confidence. thanks

Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 AM

Both companies make very good tires.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:05 PM

i dont know much about the pirellis but i am very satisfied with my pilot powers. you probably can't go wrong either way tho.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:25 PM

I've always been a big advocate of penny pinching on tires if you are just on the street. Just about any tire will be sufficient for street riding. You will never ever put a tire to the test at street speeds so get what you want and don't be afraid to save a few bucks.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you're a new rider, you will never out-ride the capabilities of either set of tires.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dissevered
I've always been a big advocate of penny pinching on tires if you are just on the street. Just about any tire will be sufficient for street riding. You will never ever put a tire to the test at street speeds so get what you want and don't be afraid to save a few bucks.

Ooh, I'd disagree with that 100% I've never been on the track, but for riding on the street, I'd want something that won't slip when it's not supposed to. Something that can recover from a little sand on a curve that spits the rear out. Something that holds as you hit the brakes in the rain trying not to broadside that idiot who just pulled a left across your lane.

But personally, I run Michelin Pilot Roads. Better for wet, better for real roads. You don't need the Powers for regular street riding. Unless you just fair-weather it. Then I guess it doesn't matter much either way.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

between those 2 model of tires the PP's wins hands down. Thee Pirelli's that on par with the PP's are the corsa's.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dissevered
umm you dont ride with some of the ppl I do then lol

But I agree, with the average, sane, responsible rider, no they will never push the tires to their limits on the streets.

now who all fits that description on here????

Old 07-31-2009, 12:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The only time i've ever out performed a pilot power was when they were on my supermoto.

But that's only because they are not supermoto tires, they carry a great lean angle for sportbikes but it takes a lot to hold the lean angle of a supermoto.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Polonius
Ooh, I'd disagree with that 100% I've never been on the track, but for riding on the street, I'd want something that won't slip when it's not supposed to. Something that can recover from a little sand on a curve that spits the rear out. Something that holds as you hit the brakes in the rain trying not to broadside that idiot who just pulled a left across your lane.

But personally, I run Michelin Pilot Roads. Better for wet, better for real roads. You don't need the Powers for regular street riding. Unless you just fair-weather it. Then I guess it doesn't matter much either way.
I will bet you my imaginary 1 million dollars that that anyone pushing a street tire to its limits on the street will get hurt due to obstacles such as cars/animals/debris, or locking your rear brakes up due to inexperience WAY before the tire just randomly slipping out. Tires don't save your life on the street, smart responsible riding does. Not to say that I never did my fair share of fast cornering on the street,(well, what I used to think was fast... boy the track changes that view point) but I have even done that on cheaper off brands with out any problems.

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot powers vs. Pirelli Diablo rossos