CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Lucky, lucky guy!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lucky, lucky guy!

I haven't been around for quite some time and for a good reason. Last Sept. I sold my beloved F2 back to the guy that I originally bought it from. The deal was if I ever sold it, he got first crack. He paid me $500. I had well over $700 into it just in parts but he originally sold it to me for only $300 so I thought I'd return the favor.

About a month ago I started getting the bug for another "crapper" to work on. So I started looking. Nothing. Nothing that tickled my fancy anyway. Came across an '88 CBR 1000 for $350 but it just didn't "grab" me. Anyway, my gf Barb says "Hey, why don't you give Brian a call and see if he wants to sell you the CBR back?" Ok, I did. I gave him his $500 back and now my CBR is home! He never even transferred the title! The lady at the DMV says all I have to do is license it and it'll be like nothing ever happened.

I REALLY missed that bike and Barb told me she kinda felt bad at the time because she didn't want me to sell the bike she learned on. Lol! It's a strange world we live in sometimes. Ok, always.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Give and take , when you do right it comes back to you. Congrat's on the reunion

Old 02-20-2014, 08:38 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Without a doubt, man, you've been MIA for what, at least 6 months or so, right?
Well, welcome back, and it's awesome that you are back with the bike!

I do have one question, though, why did you sell it back in September anyway?

Old 02-20-2014, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
Without a doubt, man, you've been MIA for what, at least 6 months or so, right?
Well, welcome back, and it's awesome that you are back with the bike!

I do have one question, though, why did you sell it back in September anyway?

Well, I got several new bikes all at once and felt that I didn't need the CBR anymore. Well, I was wrong. Now I've got my project bike back. Besides, it's the bike that Barb learned to ride on.

I'm not going to put it back to stock like I was going to do before, I've decided to do something close to but not a complete fighter. Something in between. It will have a set of dirt bike fat bars on it and less body work. I haven't figured out what I'm going to about the body but it will be something minimal like a belly pan and an aftermarket 1/4 fairing with headlights in it. I guess I better get busy and start getting some ideas in the fighter sub forum.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:28 AM

Yeah, and about the Streetfighter section, if you do end up putting your build thread over there, that is, if you're gonna do a build thread, make sure you post over here to let us know, so we can check it out.

By the way, my street F2 was nominated for ROTM for February - if you haven't voted yet, check out the thread - mine is the Repsol replica... the bike's not finished, but it's lookin' pretty decent for the stage it's at.

February 2014 ROTM voting thread

Old 03-05-2014, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
Yeah, and about the Streetfighter section, if you do end up putting your build thread over there, that is, if you're gonna do a build thread, make sure you post over here to let us know, so we can check it out.

By the way, my street F2 was nominated for ROTM for February - if you haven't voted yet, check out the thread - mine is the Repsol replica... the bike's not finished, but it's lookin' pretty decent for the stage it's at.

February 2014 ROTM voting thread

Funny you should mention the Repsol replica, Barb now wants me to do an F3 Repsol replica for the track.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:42 AM

It's weird... once upon a time, I said "You can't just 'Repsol' anything", but honestly, I'm surprised in that I doubt I will ever tire of the Repsol scheme on a CBR of any sort!

So if you do this, are you going to use race plastics, and spray the scheme on yourself, or are you just going to go with aftermarket street plastics in the Repsol theme?

Old 03-17-2014, 06:33 AM

Aftermarket plastics. I don't have the skill to paint it myself and can't afford/don't know anyone that can paint it. Not sure what I'm going to do about the tank. I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate the plastic tank cover. We've got a new powder coater in the area so the wheels won't be an issue.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:41 AM

The tank covers suck, for sure, and the only way to really make things look perfect, is to paint the tank accordingly.
But with that said, the tank cover that came with the Repsol kit that's on my current street F2 really surprised me with the fitment, compared to all others I've seen, and the one that came with my previous kit ... it looks SO much better than what I expected.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:38 AM

So which is correct; orange wheels or red wheels? Or are both correct depending on which years the bike was campaigned or who the rider was? The real racer CBRs.

I like the orange and will probably do that. Your bike is simply awesome JNS!

Quick Reply: Lucky, lucky guy!