CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

little help plz

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little help plz

i bought my F2 yesterday....it ran fine and rode fine , i put it on the trailer got it home and it started up off the trailer... i had to leave it outside last night and it rained all night...i feel so stupid, but now it wont start and everytime i go outside to try to start it the battery just gets lower and lower......can anyone please tell me what to do?

Old 01-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Default RE: little help plz

did you try and clean the battery post? did you put a charger on the battery to make sure that its fully charged? the rain shouldnt have too much to do with it my bike has been ridden in the rain alot and never had a problem.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:30 PM

yeah i just heard from someone else to toss a charger on it......that was the first thing i was going to do when my buddy gets home from work...he has a charger, but thanks alot i was worried that i messed the bike up by leaving it outside in the rain....thanks again!!

Old 01-12-2007, 04:10 PM

hopefully the rain didnt do anything, like i said this bike has never been in it. keep me updated Cody.

Aaron

Old 01-12-2007, 04:10 PM

there is a charger on it now, and the posts are clean....i just dont know what else to do its reading 4 1/2 amperes is that normal or low? im going to go check on it right now to see if there has been any improvments thanks for the help! i'll let you know whats up with it after i check it!

Old 01-12-2007, 04:18 PM

the battery is fine now....but it keeps backfiring and flames are coming out of the tailpipe.......it's like it wants to start but it won't i have no idea.....

Old 01-12-2007, 06:26 PM

im thinking its flooded. not sure how much gas u were trying to give it, but thats my guess. same thing happened to my rx7 when it was flooded, huge *** flames and didnt wanna start. sadly you'll have to pull the plugs which are new, let em dry and let the bike set in a dry area overnight. reinstall, bike will be fine, sry to hear that happened. it happened once to me because i was in a hurry, like i was telling you, i checked the plugs, and they were covered in fuel. let em sit and it started up perfect like normal. try that tonight and make sure u email and let me know. thanks again and sry

Aaron

Old 01-12-2007, 06:41 PM

if the bike is flooded all you have to do is let it sit for about a hour and then it should be fine. mine use to flood a lot when i first got it only because i wasnt used to starting it but it NEVER backfired??
and after about a hour if it is flooded it should start right up. it could even be a bad coil or plug wire because you may have one cylinder thats not firing or intermittently firing.

remember:
choke open
fuel on
dont give it any throttle
when it is idling let it warm up a little and SLOWLY take the choke off

Old 01-12-2007, 06:50 PM

+1

Old 01-12-2007, 11:58 PM

well im callin it quits for the night.......i've got the whole bike apart, and the plugs were a little wet, but im just gonna let it sit in the garage all night and let it dry out....maybe in the morning i'll have more luck.......i'll look into the coil tommarow as well. my patience has been stretched far passed its limit