CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F2 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/)
-   -   knocking during acceleration (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/knocking-during-acceleration-59432/)

tao_victim 02-07-2008 11:20 PM

knocking during acceleration

ok, im experiencing some knocking/pinging during acceleration. ive searched some forums but everything i keep seeing over and over again is use a higher octane fuel. but im already using 91.oct and i cant find a gas station with anything higher then that.

so im kinda starting to think its not my fuel, and i saw a reply in one thread that maybe its a cct but its not a cct noise like marbles in a can...its as if thier is a little man hanging out in my engine knocking a wooden mallet against the piston walls. tock (half second interval) tock and so forth untill i hit about 4k rpm. then it either goes away or i just cant hear it over the sound of my two brothers.

i want to fix it. -.-

reydelaplaya 02-07-2008 11:52 PM

RE: knocking during acceleration

Try a bottle of that octane boost additive they sell in auto stores. Careful, whole bottle is probably made for a 15-20 gallon tank, so use accordingly. See if that stops the knocking. If it works, start looking again for higher octane fuel.If not, time to crack open the service manual to the troubleshooting page.

Let us know.

tao_victim 02-08-2008 12:06 AM

ill try and find some of that stuff.

the book says spark plug carbon build up or wrong heat range.

good thing i bought 4 brand new plugs today.....:D

just have to wait on the wrench to come in the mail, my socket set wont fit in there

rider0033 02-08-2008 12:53 PM

hopefully not piston slap

trebbien 02-08-2008 02:55 PM

According to the instructions you run with the right octane, as I am aware of.

Changing to another type of spark plugs depending on your carb. adjustment could help.What is the color of your spark plugs?

When I changed my clutch and springs, I have experienced less motor vibrations/noise which could be the cause for your "sound" problems.

Just my 2 cent on this one.....

tao_victim 02-08-2008 04:21 PM

i dont think its loud enought o be piston slap, my neighbor said those are pretty loud, havent heard one myself to be honest.

and i noticed today while riding around that it only does it when i accelerate hard, not as in HARD but normal. when i acclerate slowly and go through the gears every 15mph or so it doesnt do it

anybody got anything? anything!

reydelaplaya 02-08-2008 04:54 PM

When you get your spark plug wrench, double check the gap settings on each. The gap setting for each should be between .8 and .9 mm. Since you already have a new set, get those to the correct gap setting ahead of time in case you need to change them.

Octane boost didn't help?

Hoosier1104 02-08-2008 04:55 PM

You may want to take a look at your cam chain tensor. Which reminds me that I need to change mine.

Dj_Squatch 02-08-2008 04:59 PM

Also when putting in the new spark plugs, I would also check/chang your cam tensior if necassary like hoosier said. On top of that..id get some high octane fuel..and get some of those gas drops they advertise on here...it basically changes it to race gas...they also have some oil additive...id change your oil and use that stuff as well.

kjohnson 02-08-2008 05:08 PM

Octane boost won't do much.

Seafoam is the stuff to use to clear out your combustion chamber.