CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Jet brand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jet brand?

Im getting a jet kit for my 2 year from my wife. Im doin some research as to what jet kit will be the best. I looked at the carb jetting database and its split between Dynojet and FactoryPro. Im not currently using an airfilter bad i know but its the only way the bike will run proper.

I do have a k&n i will be using with the jet kit though and im also running a yoshi pipe. Which brand is best to use?

The factory pro config 30 carb kit Requires removal or modification of stock airbox LID and running BMC or K&N or equivalent stock replacement air filter and modifying the stock airbox lid.
Im not sure if im up to that but will if its the better buy.
http://www.factorypro.com/

Dynojet looks like just a drop in with no moding at all. There are two different parts 1140 1740 and they have different jets i guess. What one would i want? http://www.dynojet.com/jetkits/motorcycle/honda.aspx

Thanks for any help. This is the first time im doing an upgrade to the bike and not just making it rideable. Thanks again.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The two part numbers you are refering to is the State 1 kit and the Stage 7 kit. With your set-up you would much rather have the stage 1. That kit comes with 3 different main jet sizes to play with. The instructions will tell you which jets to run depending on your modifications.

The stage 7 kit, is only for heavily modded motors with lots of internal work.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:50 PM

AHHHH! That makes sense. Ya i do need a stage one now to decide which brand? lol

Old 03-25-2010, 02:26 AM
Banned

My Dynojet treats me good. It does require epoxying one of the slide holes on every slider, and it does replacing the springs on the sliders, and replaces the needles, and gives you three varities of jets to choose from.

I didn't know about the factory pro requiring drilling the airbox and stuff though. Intersting approach. I wonder what that does, consider right above the airbox is just the GAS TANK. Not much airflow to be gained there...

Old 03-25-2010, 09:11 AM

I take it the kit comes with all the springs and parts you need to replace?

Old 03-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Banned

It does. Springs, a slightly larger jet, a larger from there jet, and a smaller jet for those living at high altitudes all the time. Includes needles and new springs. Epoxy is not included however!

Old 03-25-2010, 11:26 AM

one question, if i have full stock my f2, i can't get high revs?, i mean i read the bike can get 0-60 m/hr in 3.6 seconds, but i'm not sure my bike can do that, maybe is fear or rookie but i can't pass than 6k rpm to change gear, and my idle is on 2k rpms, is too high isn't it.

full service Clean Carbs and sincro included one month ago, i'm thinking maybe i need spark plug wires, or what you think.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by cristopech12
one question, if i have full stock my f2, i can't get high revs?, i mean i read the bike can get 0-60 m/hr in 3.6 seconds, but i'm not sure my bike can do that, maybe is fear or rookie but i can't pass than 6k rpm to change gear, and my idle is on 2k rpms, is too high isn't it.

full service Clean Carbs and sincro included one month ago, i'm thinking maybe i need spark plug wires, or what you think.
What do you mean you cant shift past 6k RPMs?

Your idle should be between 1000-1500 RPMs.

0-60 in 3.6 could stll be done. Alot of it has to do with rider skill and shifting, road surface, rider weight and miles on the motor. Remember when those stats were produced they most likely had a bike with less than 3000 miles.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
What do you mean you cant shift past 6k RPMs?

Your idle should be between 1000-1500 RPMs.

0-60 in 3.6 could stll be done. Alot of it has to do with rider skill and shifting, road surface, rider weight and miles on the motor. Remember when those stats were produced they most likely had a bike with less than 3000 miles.
Yeah i only can shift until 6k but i can't get 6.5k 7k or more, but i'm sportbike rider rookie, maybe i'm affraid because the bike runs greats and feels powerful.

my idle it's weird because when i tuned have the right temp(after 7 mins or a ride) i can't idle below than 1800 rpms, and when i used the bike the idle returns to 1900-2000rpms, but i can't get the 1000-1500 rpm, or maybe i have an extra air on my carbs?

another thing with this jet kit(stage 1), what happen to our bike, gain more performance?, it's the stock replace?, which other mod need to rejetting? thanks for your time.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yo, CBRfenatic! There's a caveat in the DJ Stage 1 kit: You must use the stock air filter.

From the install instructions for the F2 (someone corrected me on this)
1. Do not run this kit without the stock airfilter in place. Running without the stock airfilter will cause turbulence around the main air jet. The turbulence will cause jetting problems that seem to be corrected by a larger main jet.
Originally Posted by jnicola
I didn't know about the factory pro requiring drilling the airbox and stuff though. Intersting approach. I wonder what that does, consider right above the airbox is just the GAS TANK. Not much airflow to be gained there...
I think these guys measure things down to the mm, possibly smaller. The DJ stage 1 kit for the F3 requires you to drill the holes in the slides with a drill bit they includes. When I did mine, all it did was shave little curly q's out of the holes.

Last edited by Kuroshio; 03-25-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Jet brand?