CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Jackets you are using?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jackets you are using?

Hey everyone, i am looking to get a 3 season jacket at a really good price. I just want to make sure it has the elbow shoulder and spine pads. What brands are you guys using? I would love to be somewhere under a hundred if at all possible. Any ideas?
Thanks

Old 11-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Jackets you are using?

i like the icon tarmac jackets...check em out on ebay. they have a removeable sleve for when its hot and i think they look pretty kool. u can find for under 100 pretty much all of the time. ive been thinkin bout pickin up one of those myself.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:34 PM

I have a MotoGP. It great in 70s and below, really warm in the 30s but too hot in the summer even with the liner out.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:43 PM

I have the icon tarmac jacket. Its pretty nice and comfortable. It is great for when it is nice out, but you will want to throw on a hoodie or another lighter jacket to wear under the tarmac jacket when it starts to get colder.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:06 PM

Jackets? We dont need no stinking Jackets! Right now I am sporting a Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 mesh with nice liner inside.. I don;t plan on riding to much in the cold here in Atl Metro.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:04 PM

I got the Joe Rocket Jacket ( Black with white honda emblem with the MP# capabilites package) Not that I listen to music while I'm cruisin. Toomany retarded tourists down here in Florida for music.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie

A* Dyno jacket red/white/black
Pretty much ride it year round 'cept when it gets below 30 degrees.
Have a EARLY Joe rocket textile jacket with pants for that

Old 11-16-2007, 05:09 PM

I have an ICON Tarmac also.....great for summer but cold as hell when it's below fifty degrees... Awaiting the arrival of my new Alpinestars Spinner Jacket....FTW!
RB

Old 11-17-2007, 06:46 AM

Cold weather? I have under garments that make my perforated Vanson suit bearable. I only use this for getting my ya yas out in the mountains or track days.

For longrides on cold days, I have an older black version of this;

Check it out here

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/patton/patton.htm

This too;

Check it out here http://www.olympiamotosports.com/airglide/airglide.htm

And these pants

check it out here; http://www.olympiamotosports.com/men...rglidepant.htm
This stuff is a good investment for 4 season comfort. Warm without bulk. Dry without sweating. Like standing in the shade when its hot.

Like most of this multi season gear, the armour is not state of the art race armor, but is good quality EC stuff.

One advantage of the pants over most others is that you can get into them on the side of the road with your boots on. The zipper goes all the way from cuff to the waist

Old 11-19-2007, 12:45 PM

I've found the Icon jackets are way on the small side, almost as if they market to Tour De France riders.

I picked up a Power Trip leather jacket on eBay for $90 over the summer and it is way nice. It has a place for the elbow pads and I believe a spine pad. Can't remember about the shoulder though. Mine has a removeable zip in innerliner that I had out when hot. Now that it's like 30 and 40 here I have the liner in and wear a sweatshirt to keep warm. If I could find a nice warm coat made for winter cycle riding for cheap that actually fits to size, I would probably buy one right now.

Quick Reply: Jackets you are using?