CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Installing integrated led mirrors on a 94f2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jnicola
I swapped my rear blinkers out for LED blinkers when doing my fender Elim. The blinkers are faster, but I think it's more noticable because of this. Where I live the police tend not to pull you over for random ****, so that concern is out too.

I would like to consider going with integrated mirrors though. If there was a clean way to do them I would espescially like to install them. I do care about style as well though, so I'm curious how they look on our bikes.

You should install them and post some pictures!
here they are in one of my project pics...they look a lot better than stock and work well. i just bought the replacement blinker since it wasn't that expensive and i most likely would get pulled over / not inspected for bs like that where i live.

Name:  P9260010.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  131.0 KB

im not keeping that wind screen it's way too tall

Old 02-23-2010, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by radman3120
here they are in one of my project pics...they look a lot better than stock and work well. i just bought the replacement blinker since it wasn't that expensive and i most likely would get pulled over / not inspected for bs like that where i live.

im not keeping that wind screen it's way too tall
Do you have the integrated rear view mirrors and the stock blinkers running together? if so did you do the resistor/relay option so their at the same pace as the stock signals?

by the way, awesome looking bike

Old 02-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Banned

On one hand they look slick, on the other where they mount looks like ****. If I could clean that up I might be convinced to do it... I wonder what that would involve?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by jmj166
Do you have the integrated rear view mirrors and the stock blinkers running together? if so did you do the resistor/relay option so their at the same pace as the stock signals?

by the way, awesome looking bike
yea they run together. i bought this flasher: http://www.customled.com/products/fl...sher_relay.htm. thanks for the compliments.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by jnicola
On one hand they look slick, on the other where they mount looks like ****. If I could clean that up I might be convinced to do it... I wonder what that would involve?
you should be able to clean that up if you want. i folded the mirrors down to get it out the door and it's a rubber boot that just slides over the end so it moved up when i moved the mirror. i'm sure you could get it to stay if you tried but this pic is just a mock up of everything as i am still waiting on new upper fairings (if you look close at the left side of the bike you can see the duct tape lol) and paint so i didn't bother / notice. i also hate that windshield and hope i can find a new one like my old one.

if it's the rubber boot in general that you don't like you could take it off or fab something up. i don't think it would be too big of a deal.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:41 PM

where is the flasher relay located on the F2, i think i've read that its behind the head light but i'm not really sure.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:06 PM

Yup, under the gauges behind the headlight iirc. I could be wrong. I can check when I get home and get back to you tomorrow morning if someone doesn't beat me to it. I may spend a little time cleaning the chassis tonight anyways.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by coldfire
Yup, under the gauges behind the headlight iirc. I could be wrong. I can check when I get home and get back to you tomorrow morning if someone doesn't beat me to it. I may spend a little time cleaning the chassis tonight anyways.
if you don't mind could you take a picture and post it or email it to me. I bought my bike used and whoever had it before did some "crafty" mods to it, so i wanna make sure i replace the right thing

Old 02-25-2010, 01:53 AM
Banned

The lack of boots is what was bugging me. The mounting plates by themselves just weren't that clean. Looks like an easy install that really boosts visibility, and the mirrors deliver a significant improvement. I may just have to get in on this at some point of my life!

Old 02-28-2010, 01:46 PM

I've fitted integrated LED indicators - I wired mine along with a set of LED mini indicators where the original ones were. The mirror indicators flash at a perfectly reasonable rate, the mini indicators don't blink. At all. I obviously bought a bum set. I'll be taking them off and fitting a blanking plate.

The LED's are really nice and place your indicators in, hopefully, a more easily noticable place.

It's a really easy mod, and they work really well. The horrible looking boots can be sited correctly by using velcro on the mount and the boot - My stock CBR indicator boots looked just as bad though. :-)

I should add, I didn't fit a resistor or anything else, just fitted, wired and tested. Blinking was perfectly acceptable, and I didn't notice too much of a difference from stock.

I also drilled little holes in the fairings so the wiring looked tidy.

Last edited by p8ddy; 02-28-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Installing integrated led mirrors on a 94f2?