CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

How fast is your F2?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How fast is your F2?

So.... I know that speeding is illegal in most states...
and people dont buy sport bike's just to go cruzing around..

lets cut the bull$h!t on this one boys and man up. I know half you people out there are cops or in law inforcment but love the thrill... the need for speed if you will

Now with that said, It doesnt mater if you've got a plain old set up or just the wildest rice rocket... how fast have you taken your machine's?

Me I have no clue whats been done to my F2 so far as a KN air filter and some sticker on the swing arm that says Wiseco performance pistons....
im sure that good for another 10-20 hp's...lol

oh... and drive safe... keep it on two wheels... or atleast one

Old 02-15-2010, 07:21 PM

honestly, ive been up to 145 on my bike... then i shat my self after lol jk

its fun as hell but only if you have the open space to do it. i try not to speed though because i never know whats gonna hit me... or who lol

Old 02-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno if my speedometer is off due to the fact i havent paid attention to what has been done as far as my sprokets go but my speedo has said a hair over 140. That probally wasnt the real speed but it was fast enough.

Stickers mean nothing by the way. thats like painting flames on a mini-van and saying it gains HP.

I had a K&N sticker and dynojet sticker. Once i started playing with the bike it had a sock over the air flow tubes with no filter and stock jets.

Just saying.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:33 PM

What I forgot to mention is my top speed, but from ur posts it seem the F2 is maxed out at around 140-150.
Ive done 145+/- on a sunday mourning while riding east on the 826(Highway)

Old 02-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

the highest ive been able to do was 135. but still had plenty of gear to go. running out of road and had to get out of it.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:19 PM

my speedo broke, but it made it until 10800 rpm in 6th gear

Old 02-16-2010, 02:39 AM

Just as an FYI, sprocket work has no bearing on the speed on these bikes, it's all from the front wheel unless you've changed it.

That said, when I bought this thing the only thing I'd ever really ridden was my 79 CX500, and as fun as that was, it was SLLLOOOOW.

On my way home from buying the CBR I decided to just twist my wrist for a hot second and I hit almost 150. Wow, blown away. I had never gone that fast in anything but aircraft. When I looked down and saw how fast I was going I was awestruck. Whilst I realized that thing with wheels were capable of such speeds, I never thought that I would be traveling at them.

Needless to say, I'm hooked.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:58 AM
Banned

140+-~/*^8

This was of course in a closed environment on a controlled course. Never would I ever attempt such speeds on a public roadway. Besides that at 88 mph I hear you go back to the future...

These bikes have plenty of get up and go for me. I'm about to rejett though to get the bikes setup proper, but it still has plenty of power. Hell I just rode two up today with the GF, and still managed to hit 105mph... in a closed course in a controlled environment or whatever.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by jnicola
140+-~/*^8

This was of course in a closed environment on a controlled course. Never would I ever attempt such speeds on a public roadway. Besides that at 88 mph I hear you go back to the future...

These bikes have plenty of get up and go for me. I'm about to rejett though to get the bikes setup proper, but it still has plenty of power. Hell I just rode two up today with the GF, and still managed to hit 105mph... in a closed course in a controlled environment or whatever.
Riiight, I better go put my boots on cause this sh*t is getting deep!

I've done about 145 before, felt like that was about all the bike had to it without going downhill. I lasted until I had to take a gentle turn and was still doing about 135 before I tried to crap my pants. Managed to stay off the brakes and ride it through though.

Had it up to about 105 with a ~105 lb passenger as well (I weigh about 180 without gear) and there was PLENTY of power left to it.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by coldfire
Riiight, I better go put my boots on cause this sh*t is getting deep!

The truth is out there... possibly on I-84 or I-5...

Quick Reply: How fast is your F2?