CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Horrible friggin day!!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible friggin day!!!!

Thought it was going good yesterday, when i got home from taking my daughter to softball practice, it was still 58 degrees out so I figured I would go blow the dust out of the F2, went for a nice ride stopped by my parents house, bike parked in driveway, same spot I parked in 100 times. While I am standing in the kitchen I hear "THUMP" I look around thinking what the heck was that.......well I got a sinking feeling in my stomach, turned around and looked out the window and see my bike sitting on its side. Well I ran outside and pick it up. Front fairing broke, scratched, chunks missing out of it, side fairing scratched up pretty good, turn signal in about 5 pieces. Then to top it off, my helmet was on the rear peg, well you guessed it, my helmet is scratched like you cant believe it and my visor is trashed! As soon as I got home I tore the bike apart, thankfully damage is only cosmetic. I now need to find a new fairing and need to get the bike painted! Found targa has a fairing but its $300.00....OUCH thay hurts! Plus I got the price of new paint.......I know it could have been worse but man this friggin sucks!!!!!!!

Old 01-07-2008, 05:44 PM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!
Default RE: Horrible friggin day!!!!

that sucks. go to ebay and search "rockwall honda". they sell uppers for about 150. includes mounts and all holes drilled.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that. Exactly how did it fall over? Wind, thugs, a ghost?
RB

Old 01-07-2008, 08:58 PM

might want to invest into some frame sliders too, could have saved a few scratches

Old 01-08-2008, 12:11 AM

Man that does friggn SUCK! I got a little sick reading that myself. I had a reply on a post i looked at from an f4 tail upgrade where the guy mentioned someone buying race farings and doing a custom one off front faring. Might be a thought if you had any upgrades in mind before paint. Sorry agian to hear about bad luck. I browse ebay from time to time. If I run across anything worth the money I'll let you know

Old 01-08-2008, 04:19 PM

Thanks for the thoughts guys! As far as how it fell, the ground just gave way under it, well actually the gravel. I have as well as my step dad, who by the way has a 05 harley road glide(basicly a dresser) have parked bikes in the same spot, lots and lots of time, ground just gave way on me. As far as frame sliders, dont think they would have helped unless they were 2' long. Since my helmet was hanging on the rear peg it made the bike land right on the front fairing, thus ruining my day! I found a targa front fairing for $330, one piece. Also found a three piece for $175 but I am kinda leary about it, judging by the pics I would be worried about the fit and finish. Still waiting to here back from the guy about the paint. On a side note, I think I am gonna paint the bike solid black, get a new 600RR sticker kit in red and use the the red wings and red honda for the side fairings and maybe some matching red rim tape. Prolly be good time to go ahead and put the white tail light and turd signals on to. I guess I wont be getting a new bike for a while now huh!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:45 AM

I hear ya. A week after I got mine it was sitting on the slanted driveway and a slight gust put it on its side. This one has aftermarket Crea fiberglass plastics too which are THIN. Fortunately mine consisted of mainly severe scratches.

Good luck and sorry to hear it.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:05 PM
Default RE: Horrible friggin day!!!! Update!!!

Well things are starting to look up! Just got my new Targa one piece front fairing today, by the looks of it its a really nice piece! Also ordered my new white turn signal, should be in tomorrow. Talked to my painter, should be over on sat. to pick up the panels. Think I have decided on going with silver stickers and the matching wheel stripe. Nothing major just the lower honda decals, a set of wings on either side of the tank and maybe a cbr racing sticker over the front turn signals! Hopefully it will turn out good, on a side note, I am selling my quad today as well. Figured as soon as I cannot sell my F2 I sell the quad...Aint life grand!!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 01:07 PM

Hey, man that does suck..i remember when a kid layed my bike down right after i bought it.....didnt even ask to ride it just did.....and managed to do it in a parking lot.....the same parking lot it was in...and was going 45 or more.......AHHH! anyway if you check out my bike pic. thats what it was before i started rebuilding from the laydown..but it has i think 96 f3 fairings on the front and sides...all race with the fog lights...(which i got rid of) and the standard f2 tail for about another week...but they fit fine...there easy to install no problems or custom anything..except the headlight. any way..a sight called www.airtech-streamlining.com has a bunch of body work for the f2....but they are kind of pricey but maybe youd be interested...anyway thats my 2 cents

Old 01-17-2008, 06:20 PM

Man that blows... but it sounds like you have a good idea for the repaint. Keep us posted on the targa plastics and how they fit - wouldn't mind getting this ol turtle a new shell.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Horrible friggin day!!!!