CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

HELP ME PLZ!!! Wont start at all..

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 05:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HELP ME PLZ!!! Wont start at all..

ORIGINAL: ohmartm

I ment to say (when i give it gas it kinda dies befor it reves up) (in nutral). Thanks
Try letting it warm up first. 10 minutes.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man this is gettin to me. I took it for a spin and got back let it sit for like 20 min. now wont start again..... Maby bad carbs??? This might be stupid but is there a step by step book or somethinI could go by to make sureI don't messthe cabsup ifI rebuild em?

Old 09-22-2007, 05:29 AM
Banned

Get a good manual for it. I have a Clymer and it has very detailed intructions for a carb overhaul. (Damn, there's a lot of little parts!!) Has lots of pics too. Just wish they were in color.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:14 AM

Thank you, I'll go pick one up or order one. I did get it statrted againbut now it wont rev over 3500 rpm. Don't know maby not woth the money!!

Old 09-25-2007, 12:31 AM

Carbs aren't all that tough. Just put them back the way they used to be before you cleaned them - and if you have tounscrew something that is held tight by a spring,count the turns while screwing it all the way IN. then unscrew it all the way out, clean it, screw it all the way back in and then unscrew the number of turns you counted at first. All 4 should be in the same general area for turns out from fully in. Hope that didn't confuse you.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:01 AM

I haven't taken the carbs off, all I have done is flush the carbs,new plugs(.035), changed oil an oil filter, new k&n air filter.It's wird cuz whenI was ridding it befor it would rev way over 3500rpm. It seams like a rev limiter kicks in and kills the motor then comes back on after the revs drop back down.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:32 AM

Any ideas? Thank you!!

Old 09-26-2007, 12:16 PM

Hey man, sounds to me like you may just have a clogged jet. You gotta take them apart and clean them out. theres no other way unfortunately. There is always the possibility of it opening up while you are at WOT and flipping it. However, one thing you may want to try before that is through a can of Seafoam in that sucker and let it run for a while turn it off let it sit for a day and then start it up and run it. That stuff works miracles and may be the one you are looking for. i am about to clean my carbs in a week though we shall see.
good luck.
ps seafoam is like 6 bucks at any auto store accept no imitations.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Therabbit created a very good post on cleaning the carbs....but I would take it one step further and remove the jets (little brass screws insided the bowl. and makes sure that all of the holes are clear use a very fine wire, but nothing wider than the holes, because you might make the holes larger which will cause problems. There should be two there. Plus check the oriface where they go into...should be able to blow (canned air used for cleaning PCs or carb cleaner) through there and should come out the other side.

You can download the Honda service manual from here http://hondatech.info/downloads/Moto/

Also, Stephygee, a member of CBR Forums has a few manuals on his website.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:27 AM

Hey thanks guys!!! I really do appreciate all the info!!! I'm going to take apart the carbs and hope for the best. I'm gana use the manual to help me 2maro morning. Wish me luck guys!!

Quick Reply: HELP ME PLZ!!! Wont start at all..