CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F2 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/)
-   -   HELP ME PLZ!!! Wont start at all.. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/help-me-plz-wont-start-all-50061/)

ohmartm 09-20-2007 04:06 AM

HELP ME PLZ!!! Wont start at all..

Hey guys whats up? Im new here and just got a 94 cbr 600 f2. Well the problem is that It wont start, It had been sitting for a while soI tooka look in the gas tank and it was rusted bad. So I took the tank off cleaned it really good, cleand the petcock, and flushed the carbs really good to, then checked for spak got that on all plugs, put it all back together and still wont start. [sm=smiley24.gif]Any ideas what might be the problem? Thanks in advance!

Foght 09-20-2007 06:42 AM

RE: HELP ME PLZ!!! Wont start at all..

change the plugs. i assume it turns over. check the obvious. red rocker in the run postion? gas turned on?

notny41 09-20-2007 08:19 AM

What do you mean by "flushed the carbs"?

You probably need to dismantle the carbs and clean the jets out with a thin piece of wire, carb cleaner, and compressed air.

P

woo545 09-20-2007 11:17 AM

If you hit it with some starter fluid, does it start temporarily? And +1 on the cleaning the jets with a fine piece of wire (make sure you don't make the holes larger then designed). I personally have trouble starting my bike when it is cold. I have not taken the time out to take it apart again to check if they choke cable is adjusted correctly. When it is cold, it usually takes me 10 minutes to get it started....crank..start dies...let sit for 10 secs, readjust choke, rinse and repeat.

ohmartm 09-20-2007 12:07 PM

Well my step dad is a ford tech and he told me to flush the cabs with a little bit of rubbing alcohol and then carb cleaner. I would take apart the carbs butI dont know how to synchronize themafterI put em back together.Do you think the rubbing alcohol was a bad idea? Im gana go try some starter fluid and see if it will even backfire. Thanks Guys!

elmer 09-20-2007 12:33 PM

You don't need to resync if you keep them all connected to each other. Just pull the bowls and diaphragms off, go from there.

s1rusdvirus 09-20-2007 12:40 PM

probably a silly question but have u checked the vacuum feed on thefuel tapto see if fuel is getting to the carbs? On my 92 if theres no vacumm or the diaphragm in the fuel tap is damaged then u wont get any fuel through. :eek:

ohmartm 09-20-2007 02:21 PM

Thats a good question cuz i might have the vacuum lines wrong. Dose any one have a pic i can go off of? Thanks!

ohmartm 09-20-2007 08:19 PM

Well I found the problem, now I kinda fell like anDUMB A$$ lol. It was the main fule line it was kincked so I replaced it. Now it runs, but..... when I give it gas it kinda dies befor it will go, any ideas?? Thank you for all the help and suggestions!!

ohmartm 09-20-2007 11:18 PM

I ment to say (when i give it gas it kinda dies befor it reves up) (in nutral). Thanks

woo545 09-21-2007 05:27 AM

ORIGINAL: ohmartm

I ment to say (when i give it gas it kinda dies befor it reves up) (in nutral). Thanks
Try letting it warm up first. 10 minutes.

ohmartm 09-22-2007 02:50 AM

Man this is gettin to me. I took it for a spin and got back let it sit for like 20 min. now wont start again..... Maby bad carbs??? This might be stupid but is there a step by step book or somethinI could go by to make sureI don't messthe cabsup ifI rebuild em?

eweppley 09-22-2007 05:29 AM

Get a good manual for it. I have a Clymer and it has very detailed intructions for a carb overhaul. (Damn, there's a lot of little parts!!) Has lots of pics too. Just wish they were in color.

ohmartm 09-25-2007 12:14 AM

Thank you, I'll go pick one up or order one. I did get it statrted againbut now it wont rev over 3500 rpm. Don't know maby not woth the money!!

notny41 09-25-2007 12:31 AM

Carbs aren't all that tough. Just put them back the way they used to be before you cleaned them - and if you have tounscrew something that is held tight by a spring,count the turns while screwing it all the way IN. then unscrew it all the way out, clean it, screw it all the way back in and then unscrew the number of turns you counted at first. All 4 should be in the same general area for turns out from fully in. Hope that didn't confuse you. :)

ohmartm 09-25-2007 01:01 AM

I haven't taken the carbs off, all I have done is flush the carbs,new plugs(.035), changed oil an oil filter, new k&n air filter.It's wird cuz whenI was ridding it befor it would rev way over 3500rpm. It seams like a rev limiter kicks in and kills the motor then comes back on after the revs drop back down.

ohmartm 09-26-2007 11:32 AM

Any ideas? Thank you!!

CBR13F2 09-26-2007 12:16 PM

Hey man, sounds to me like you may just have a clogged jet. You gotta take them apart and clean them out. theres no other way unfortunately. There is always the possibility of it opening up while you are at WOT and flipping it. However, one thing you may want to try before that is through a can of Seafoam in that sucker and let it run for a while turn it off let it sit for a day and then start it up and run it. That stuff works miracles and may be the one you are looking for. i am about to clean my carbs in a week though we shall see.
good luck.
ps seafoam is like 6 bucks at any auto store accept no imitations.

woo545 09-26-2007 01:10 PM

Therabbit created a very good post on cleaning the carbs....but I would take it one step further and remove the jets (little brass screws insided the bowl. and makes sure that all of the holes are clear use a very fine wire, but nothing wider than the holes, because you might make the holes larger which will cause problems. There should be two there. Plus check the oriface where they go into...should be able to blow (canned air used for cleaning PCs or carb cleaner) through there and should come out the other side.

You can download the Honda service manual from here http://hondatech.info/downloads/Moto/

Also, Stephygee, a member of CBR Forums has a few manuals on his website.

ohmartm 09-27-2007 01:27 AM

Hey thanks guys!!! I really do appreciate all the info!!! I'm going to take apart the carbs and hope for the best. I'm gana use the manual to help me 2maro morning. Wish me luck guys!!

notny41 09-27-2007 10:19 AM

How goes the carb cleaning?

ohmartm 09-27-2007 01:11 PM

Well just takin a short break,umm so far so good, there was still some rust in em even after i flushed em, but thatwas kinda a givin. Now that Iv got it all clean and ready too go back together, you know what ill be doin. lol But ya ill keep you guys updated. Thanks again guys!!

ohmartm 09-27-2007 08:26 PM

Well I got them back together, got her started, took her for a spin got back and noticed there was alot of white smoke comming out the pipe. Idono, i dont want to give up butmaby i should sell it and let someone that know what there doin fix it??? lol

notny41 09-27-2007 11:02 PM

I wouldn't give up yet - that white smoke could just bethe rubbing alcohol.

Did it seem to run any better or worse?

I'd get somefresh gas in there and you really might want to get some sort of gas tank sealerso it doesn't start rusting again.

MT Wallet 09-28-2007 04:44 AM

If all else fails go to a Honda mechanic.

That should do the trick

woo545 09-28-2007 05:29 AM

Is it whitish blue or just white? Does is have a smell of oil to it?

Whitish blue is most likely oil. I'd say Headgasket. But could be a ring on the piston (I'm guessing, but I'm not sure, that checking the compression might help determine a ring issue.

If it's white, does it stop after some time? Might be condensation built up in the exhaust system. If it continues on, then probably the headgasket. Does the water level in the radiator (or resevoir) go down.

I'm not a mechanic...these are just my guesses. Someone else might have better ideas.