CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

HELP ME PLZ!!! Wont start at all..

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ME PLZ!!! Wont start at all..

Hey guys whats up? Im new here and just got a 94 cbr 600 f2. Well the problem is that It wont start, It had been sitting for a while soI tooka look in the gas tank and it was rusted bad. So I took the tank off cleaned it really good, cleand the petcock, and flushed the carbs really good to, then checked for spak got that on all plugs, put it all back together and still wont start. [sm=smiley24.gif]Any ideas what might be the problem? Thanks in advance!

Old 09-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Default RE: HELP ME PLZ!!! Wont start at all..

change the plugs. i assume it turns over. check the obvious. red rocker in the run postion? gas turned on?

Old 09-20-2007, 08:19 AM

What do you mean by "flushed the carbs"?

You probably need to dismantle the carbs and clean the jets out with a thin piece of wire, carb cleaner, and compressed air.

P

Old 09-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you hit it with some starter fluid, does it start temporarily? And +1 on the cleaning the jets with a fine piece of wire (make sure you don't make the holes larger then designed). I personally have trouble starting my bike when it is cold. I have not taken the time out to take it apart again to check if they choke cable is adjusted correctly. When it is cold, it usually takes me 10 minutes to get it started....crank..start dies...let sit for 10 secs, readjust choke, rinse and repeat.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:07 PM

Well my step dad is a ford tech and he told me to flush the cabs with a little bit of rubbing alcohol and then carb cleaner. I would take apart the carbs butI dont know how to synchronize themafterI put em back together.Do you think the rubbing alcohol was a bad idea? Im gana go try some starter fluid and see if it will even backfire. Thanks Guys!

Old 09-20-2007, 12:33 PM

You don't need to resync if you keep them all connected to each other. Just pull the bowls and diaphragms off, go from there.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:40 PM

probably a silly question but have u checked the vacuum feed on thefuel tapto see if fuel is getting to the carbs? On my 92 if theres no vacumm or the diaphragm in the fuel tap is damaged then u wont get any fuel through.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:21 PM

Thats a good question cuz i might have the vacuum lines wrong. Dose any one have a pic i can go off of? Thanks!

Old 09-20-2007, 08:19 PM

Well I found the problem, now I kinda fell like anDUMB A$$ lol. It was the main fule line it was kincked so I replaced it. Now it runs, but..... when I give it gas it kinda dies befor it will go, any ideas?? Thank you for all the help and suggestions!!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:18 PM

I ment to say (when i give it gas it kinda dies befor it reves up) (in nutral). Thanks

Quick Reply: HELP ME PLZ!!! Wont start at all..