CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Help with getting the title in my name!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by AAxJosh
I'm just worried about getting in trouble. What are the consequences of getting in trouble about having a notary sign this without the actual signer present?

I know someone who will do it but I am just very hesitant about do it.. But its either this or my only other option being to buy a frame and transfer everything which I really, really do not want to do.
Don't do this. For you to consider doing this to your friend, what kind of friend does this make you. Knowingly falsifying legal documents is a bad thing. The thing about legal documents, is they never go away. There's always a copy somewhere. I know it's frustrating, but clearly not worth the risk. And for others on here to be suggesting that you do it, well shame on them. I don't know about Kentucky, but in Florida, it's a Felony.

Now, clerks at the DMV or courthouse are not there to give you advice, they just do the processing. They don't necessarily know what all the options are. Check with some online legal forums, or maybe stop in to a local attorney's office. What about any family members or friends that might know an attorney that could help ? That would be a true friend.

Last edited by IDoDirt; 05-01-2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Added penalty
Old 05-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I really dont want to do this because I'm going to med school and getting caught would totally ruin any chance of actually becoming a doctor.
I really don't know of anyone I could refer to or ask for advice so I'm SOL in that part too. I thin the quickest and best idea is to just buy a new frame.

My question is how hard is it really to take everything from one frame and transfer it all to another?

Old 05-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

I think it's certainly within the realm of possibility. Don't forget online resources. There are free online help sites too.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:26 PM

Its just time brother thats all u can always sell the other frame on clist for some cash too. U might be able to find a psrts bike with title resonable cheap. Sell the extra psrts cheap to recoup some cost.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:58 PM

Yeah that's kind of what I figured. I've been looking around and posting want to buy ads on craiglist just no luck. Ebay has a few but not too many with titles. Found one dude with one but said that a guy may be picking it up tomorrow so thats no good either.

I was reading somewhere that someone said that they bought a new frame and just changed out the vin numbers on them. And not have to go through all the trouble of change frames and stuff. Has anyone heard of this or know if its even possible?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah that's kind of what I figured. I've been looking around and posting want to buy ads on craiglist just no luck. Ebay has a few but not too many with titles. Found one dude with one but said that a guy may be picking it up tomorrow so thats no good either.

I was reading somewhere that someone said that they bought a new frame and just changed out the vin numbers on them. And not have to go through all the trouble of change frames and stuff. Has anyone heard of this or know if its even possible?
As the guy mentioning the less than legal methods, I will own up and state that I know what the repercussions are, and that no, I would never involve family in that. Even more if you're in med school and you don't want any legal actions like that hurting your chances.

Swapping vins from one frame to another will get you in just as much trouble if caught. Again - your likelihood of being caught is virtually none, but there is a risk. I'm not sure if our frames are stamped anywhere - but if not, then I don't know how much trouble it would be to even pull a vin plate off one frame and put it on the other. I'd hate to buy a new legal frame, then botch up removing the vin plate, making it unusable as well.

Swapping everything over would be a 1 afternoon deal for me anyway. It's really not that difficult a task. Good time to upgrade the head bearings to angular roller bearings anyhow.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 AM

They are stamped along the right side of head. Where the triple goes. Also the vin stickrt is vety easy to damage, I taped it off with masking tape and end up removing part of the protective film and some lettering.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:58 AM

So it's probably not possible?

Old 05-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So it's probably not possible?
especially if the headtubes are stamped with the VIN. I wouldn't try it.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:29 PM

I guess my only option is to get another frame and just transfer everything.

Hard part is locating a frame, with a good notarized title.

Quick Reply: Help with getting the title in my name!!!