CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

HELP!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!!!!!

So my92 f2was sound really good, and next thing I know Im a little low on gas. So I fill up, drive home (1mile) and shut it off like everyday. Except this time I turned the fuel off on the petcock. hour later get on it to go to class and half way there my bike starts to studder(forgot to turn on the fuel), I turn the fuel back on and now my bike sounds like complete crap. Especially over 5k rpm. It also sounds like crap at every stop when i have to start to accelerate. Could it be that i got bad gas or what??? Could it be the winterized fuel that messed it up???? Please any help will be great. Because i think something serious is wrong with my baby.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Default RE: HELP!!!!!!!!

drain your tank and run some new gas without stabilizer in it....

Old 10-18-2007, 04:35 PM

I didnt have any stabilizer in it in the first place. So do you think it is the fuel? if so should i get some from a different gas station?

Old 10-18-2007, 04:48 PM

o ok, so i take it that your up north then? we only have 2x three gradesthat stations sell down here even though we refine 4x of 3 grades

hmmmm......i really doubt it but maybe when you ran dry you sucked something loose from your fuel line and clogged a jet so your getting unbalanced pressure in your cylinders?!?!?

Old 10-18-2007, 05:28 PM

I think thomasintexas is right. If it studders just a short time after you turned your petcock back on it could be just the air in the carbs working its way out because it was starving that whole time it wasnt getting fuel but that shouldnt take more than a couple of seconds to work out. I would have to say you have a clogged jet. Actually cleaning the carbs is super easy and there is a great how to in the tech section.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Needle or float is stuck, either tap on float bowls with a screwdriver handle or take carbs out and doa real cleaning.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hershey

Needle or float is stuck, either tap on float bowls with a screwdriver handle or take carbs out and doa real cleaning.
Tapping with a screwdriver....I just gotta love when a good wack fixes a problem.

Another possibility is the petcock. When I was draining my gas from my tank once, I hooked up a vacuum cleaner to the vacuum line and let the main feed drain into the gas can. I was surprised that there was little gas coming out of it. So I moved the petcock, ever so slight towards off and all of sudden the gas started flowing smoothly. So, try playing the petcock a little to see if you can find a sweetspot for optimum gas flow. I would think that if there is a restriction of gas going to the carbs, then when you put a heavy load on it, it will studder because the carbs are being starved.

I doubt it would be "bad gas" since you fill it up at the station. Not like you kept sitting in your garage for 4 yrs. I would also question clogging a jet because you starved the carbs. Although gas will go bad when you let it sit awhile, what remants existed after running the carbs dry, probably vaporized.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:26 AM
Banned

If fuel isn't pouring out onto the ground, it's probably not a stuck float. My money's on clogged jet.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:09 PM

Well I ended up starting it today and it still sounded like ****. So I shut the fuel off and rode it till it died. Turned the fuel on started it up again and sounds alot better now.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:31 PM

hahahah puts a new meaning to "go blow it out your tailpipe!"

you had a clogged jet that freed up