CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!

ok so i come home and i see a pool of gas under and on my bike. i run and grab my keys i open the tank and it is pressurized so much it spays gas right in my face. from what i could tell it flooded the engine all the way up. the engine wont turn over at all try and start it all i get is clunk. bike in gear the back wheel wont turn. i dont know where to start or what happened.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:19 PM

It wont go into Neutral?

Old 11-08-2009, 06:28 PM

It sounds like you have a blocked vent on the fuel tank or the tank was over filled and parked in direct sun. Check the oil to see if it smells of gas. If a float was stuck some of the fuel may have leaked into the motor, it can hydraulically lock the flooded cylander. Remove the plugs to see if any are wet.
If you have fuel in the oil , change it. The fuel will dilute the oil and make it unsuitable as a lubricant. There is also a potential to blow up the bike.
I had an old suzuki that would occasionally do the same thing. The problem on it was the vacumn activated fuel valve stuck open once in a while. Replacing the diaphram in the fuel valve solved that problem.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:22 AM

i would go thru all of ur vent hoses after that id be goin into the carb to see if ur floats are stuck