CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Handle bar question

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handle bar question

Is there any type of cover for the top of the handle bars were that big bolt is. mine is kind of scratched up. I found this but its in chinees or something.
http://www.odax-moto.com/keiti/yoke/yoke.html

Old 05-05-2006, 04:02 AM
Default RE: Handle bar question

There is a guy in Hawaii who was selling them.

I think they are called triple-tree covers? Someone correct me if i'm wrong

I haven't seen him selling them for a while but try doing a google search for it under the word "triple tree cover"

Old 05-05-2006, 04:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aww, comon, mine is all scratched too.. Its a good used and worn look.

Old 05-05-2006, 08:48 PM

I tried a search and tons came up but I could not find any for a 91-94
ORIGINAL: MT Wallet

I haven't seen him selling them for a while but try doing a google search for it under the word "triple tree cover"

Old 05-13-2006, 04:29 AM

This is an old post, but incase anyone comes back to it, those things are actually called Yoke Protectors.
They sell for about 15 bucks, I know they are still available for the F2 and F3. My shop only has them for the F4's and newer bikes. But Maybe another vendor will have them or can order them from KEITI. Try Searching Yoke Protector or click here
Yoke Protectors

Old 05-13-2006, 09:59 AM

alright, Ive tried, and tried, and then tried again. I cant find any type of yoke cover or triple tree cover for 91-94 cbr. If anybody knowes exactly were I can find one please let me know.
ORIGINAL: Krokus_92F2

This is an old post, but incase anyone comes back to it, those things are actually called Yoke Protectors.
They sell for about 15 bucks, I know they are still available for the F2 and F3. My shop only has them for the F4's and newer bikes. But Maybe another vendor will have them or can order them from KEITI. Try Searching Yoke Protector or click here
Yoke Protectors

Old 05-13-2006, 11:53 AM

tryed the site nothing for F-2's[:@]
ORIGINAL: Krokus_92F2

Yoke Protectors

Old 05-13-2006, 02:38 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: gride99

alright, Ive tried, and tried, and then tried again. I cant find any type of yoke cover or triple tree cover for 91-94 cbr. If anybody knowes exactly were I can find one please let me know.
[quote]

Ok, I am going to my Honda Dealer today, I'll was ask them where to get the Yoke Protectors for you guys.
Remember guys, our bikes are old and a lot of aftermarket stuff for them is getting scarce.
Who wants to make parts for old bikes when everyone buys new bikes every two or three years?
Just because we are smart enough to still own F2's........don't expect everyone else to share in our wisdom

I will get back the post after I hear what my Honda Dealer says. They are a huge dealership, if they can't get the part,
we might be SOL . Of course if I find a source, someone has to buy me a bottle of water. I'd say buy me a beer, but
I am Diabetic and I can't drink.

Old 05-13-2006, 05:16 PM

thanks man
[quote]ORIGINAL: Krokus_92F2

[quote]ORIGINAL: gride99

Ok, I am going to my Honda Dealer today, I'll was ask them where to get the Yoke Protectors for you guys.
Remember guys, our bikes are old and a lot of aftermarket stuff for them is getting scarce.
Who wants to make parts for old bikes when everyone buys new bikes every two or three years?
Just because we are smart enough to still own F2's........don't expect everyone else to share in our wisdom

I will get back the post after I hear what my Honda Dealer says. They are a huge dealership, if they can't get the part,
we might be SOL . Of course if I find a source, someone has to buy me a bottle of water. I'd say buy me a beer, but
I am Diabetic and I can't drink.

Old 05-13-2006, 08:27 PM

I went to my Honda Dealer and basically all they could do for me was give me an email address and phone number for Keiti over in Japan. I had my girlfriend translate the page that was at the beginning of this thred, the Keiti page. It gives prices but no way to order. So we fired off an email to them and we will see how good her Japanese is.

Then I began to search and I found the guy in Hawaii MT Wallet might have been talking about.
He has an ebay auction going on right now for a Yoke protector to fit the F2, current bid is only $20.00 or so.
Yoke Protector Bid Page << Click or follow the link on the post after this one, it is the same ebay auction.

He says at the bottom of this page he has more of them. But on his store page he lists only one more.
Click here
I sent him an email asking how many does he have. If I get any answer I will let you all know,
or you can contact him through his ask the seller a question link.

Hope this helps everyone.

Quick Reply: Handle bar question