CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Good news but one small bad...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good news but one small bad...

Hey guys, as you all know I had a really bad time with my fork rebuild. So I got a new used set which was in a way better condition than my old ones with new seals about 5k miles ago. So now I have the bike up and I'm still having a clutch problem. My clutch was fine before the tear down. I didn't touch anything and I put everything back recently.

Here's a given situation as to which I can't understand.

I start my bike, its in neutral, runs fine purrs like the lion she is. Lol. Anyways, so I let her warm up for about 2 mins, then right as she clunks into first gear with the clutch lever pulled all the way in, she just dies... I adjusted the cable so it would catch higher / make it easier to have the clutch disengaged, but it helps nothing.

Just for verification, say the motor is off. When I put her into first gear, is there suppose to be a slight drag / tension when I roll her forward or backward? Or is it suppose to be as I'm gliding on ice? Because as of right now, she rolls forward but with a slight resistance on her. I can't remember if she was like this before because its been 5 months.

So if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

I will record a video and post it to show you first hand soon. (If anyone knows how to edit videos please edit mine as I have no idea.)

-Jasper

Old 03-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Default RE: Good news but one small bad...

if the bike is off and you have it in first with the clutch let out, it should not roll. you will feel the resistance at the wheel. as for it dieing when you put it into first when the bike is running, im not sure what to say about that. maybe someone else will chime in

Old 03-03-2008, 10:31 PM

With the clutch let out, it doesn't roll. But when I pull in the lever it rolls free, but has a slight resistance. Its easier pushing in neutral than it is in first (or any other gear) with the clutch pulled in when it should be the same correct?

-Jasper

Old 03-03-2008, 10:45 PM

did you remove the side stand switch? Like unplug and taken off the bike? I did that and my bike would start and run just fine and then I put it into gear and it dies.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:48 PM

i see what youre saying now. i dont think there should be a problem pushing it with the clutch pulled in. i notice a difference compared to neutral but its more of noise than any kind of resistance. pushing the clutch in is supposed to be the same as neutral as it dissengages the engines from the wheels, however, just like in a car, im not going to be rolling around with the clutch pulled in for any amount of time. if i want to coast i'll shift to neutral, its just feels betteri think.

but back to your question,i dont think there should be any significant amount of resistance, it should still roll free

Old 03-03-2008, 10:49 PM

im thinking sidestand switch also.

they all cut out when you pop it into first with the sidestand down (or thinking its down if you didnt put it on right)

Old 03-03-2008, 10:57 PM

The side stand switch is what I'm exactly thinking but I never knew which switch. The previous owner removed the switch. He removed everything of it except the side stand =P. What should I do with it to make it work?

-Jasper

Old 03-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does it die with the kickstand up?

Old 03-04-2008, 12:39 AM

Well I figured it out. I was wondering what the did with the wiring. Apparently he removed the sidestand switch and cut about two finger lengths of slack on the male connector for the switch. They just spliced and connected the two green wires to run without the side stand. I on the other removed it because I thought it had no purpose... I was wrong. lol. It did. Thanks guys for the help.

-Jasper

Anyone got any lower left cowls pieces hanging around? It doesn't matter if its broken. I'm trying to fix my upper cowl. Today, I made custom brackets for the headlight as there wasn't any for the headlight to mount to when I got the bike. They just made custom brackets so the headlight would be held by the fairings stay. Looked pretty cheap to me. So I had to make something better.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:08 AM

i have a white left lower fairing with some cracks and a hole in it.

has all its mounts though, you can see it if you look at my "paint scheme" post a few pages back

Quick Reply: Good news but one small bad...