CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

First post w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First post w/pics

Hi, im new to this forum and figured if post a few pics of my F2. The first time I sat on a bike was when I sat on this one a few months ago. Have learned to ride on it from scratch. I'm really enjoying this bike and am just gaining experiance before I bump up to a newer one. Only thing this guy needs is a new tensioner which I hope to have in tomorrow. This site has some great info on it. Thanks guys.

Name:  DSCN1912.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  59.0 KB
Name:  DSCN1919.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  57.8 KB
Name:  DSCN1910.jpg
Size:  68.3 KB
Name:  DSCN1909.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  58.3 KB

Old 07-07-2006, 01:58 AM
Default RE: First post w/pics

Wow, I am gealous. That is a georgous F2 you've got there! Then again after Monday anything looks nicer than my ride...

Old 07-07-2006, 03:27 AM

damn dude that is a hella paint job you have there, that is sweet looking. welcome!

Old 07-07-2006, 09:48 AM

Oh my!! That, i do beleive is one of the sexiest F2's I've ever seen!! Is that the 05 1000RR paint style? Welcome to the boards by the way.

Now, did you buy the bike as is? Or, did you do all of the work to it? Also, when you do decide to bump up to a bigger bike, i'm first in the potential buyer line!

Also, can I ask a favor? Is it possible to get a better pic of the undertail? I'm curious to see what it looks like without the passenger peg setup

Thanks in advance

Tylor

Old 07-07-2006, 10:51 AM

ORIGINAL: cbrjeeper
Also, can I ask a favor? Is it possible to get a better pic of the undertail? I'm curious to see what it looks like without the passenger peg setup
I second that request. I was trying to see form your pics you have posted the details to that *** end but was too in awe to think of asking for additional pics....duh!

By the way, what year F2 is that?

Old 07-07-2006, 11:05 AM

That is NICE. Way jealous.

Just my $.02, but have you taken one of the MSF courses? I'd highly recommend it and/or reading "Proficient Motorcycling". Tons of good information to really help you ride well especially when starting out.

Old 07-11-2006, 04:57 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. Sorry I have been workin hard the last few days and haven't been around. I would be glad to give you guys a shot of the undertail. I'll go take one in a moment and post it for you. I've throught about taking the MS course but I'm pretty technically minded and learned to ride on the spot, plus i like to cruise the speed limit and leave it at that, so I decided since I did so well to use the money for the MS course on the bike. I'm pretty careful on it, it scares the crap out of me. The paint scheme is just a custom, not based on anything in particular, just something that looks decent on the F2 IMO. I think the tail looks clean from behind, plus I dont have to put up with the local highschooler girls wanting to ride since I have no rear pegs. Probably wont be to long till I bump up to a 600rr so if someone here is interested in it I would try to accomidate that first priority before I put it on ebay. The bike is a 94 and had 39,5 on it when I got back tonight. The first owner put it through a rebuild about 10k ago, and I had the carbs cleaned and syncronized, jet kit, new fuel petcock, tuneup, and general maintenance done 2 weeks ago, and running like a champ. Putting a new tensioner in it tomorrow to get rid of the rattles. You guys are really cool with great info. Bike riding is addictive and fun as hell. Thanks for the kind comments, that made my day. Ill go take those shots and post them up in about 5 mins here.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:27 AM

Name:  DSCN2006.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  58.7 KB
here is one pic of the rear. I havent had time to make a proper bracket for my plate so i tucked it for the time being using my turn signals. Which I actually think looks better but its not visible enough and ill end up getting a ticket for, so ill end up making a bracket.

Name:  DSCN2001.jpg
Size:  39.1 KB
the rear end

a rolling shot for you with the pegless squeeky clean look.

the rear again while rolling.

Hope this helps. I'm starting to think I need to remove my yellow racing camels for a even cleaner look, but I dont know. They give it a little extra color but I dont know. Since all the stickers on the bike are clear coated as well it will be more work I dont have time for right now, so I might leave them.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:49 AM

Wow, totally impressed with the clean look of that bike. I am sure the black color helps since that's what I'm going to be doing on mine and all my cars have been black.

I noticed that not only are the rear pegs removed, but so is the black metal bracket that usually sits under the rear fairing. Can you see where it was cut off from or does anyone know if that's just a bolt on/off thing that's easily removed?

See it here

By the looks of it it was just removed on your bike because that's where the rear pegs are attached. Anyone know if that bar he's got on there holding the exhaust is a custom job or is there a conversion kit that'll do that for you?

Thanks,

Old 07-11-2006, 02:37 PM

If you want to remove the bracket under the rear fairings all you need to do is start removing bolts. Keep in mind, since the bracket that holds your passenger pegs on is also the bracket that holds the exhaust on, you will have to come up with something to brace your exhaust. Mine is a custom piece, much like a carbonfiber overlay which can be cutt, heated and bent. If you have just a little fabrication talent you can make a piece that looks good, or possibly buy something like this that came off of an F3? Just measure correctly and cutt holes accordingly so you can fit it to the frame where the previous bracket bolted up. Its not perfect or anything but owell. I am aware my bike is dirty, i had to run through some water last night and havent had time to clean underneeth it. You can buy this piece from me if you want it, the bikes comes with it. lol
Name:  DSCN2008.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  56.9 KB
Name:  DSCN2007.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  48.8 KB

Quick Reply: First post w/pics