CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

f2 won't run

Old 06-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f2 won't run

Here is the deal my bike ran fine last year. I went to school and unknowing to me my bike was left out during the winter. Spring rolls around and I come home and what do you know the bike won't start. I am like oh great, so I begin the troubleshooting. I buy a new battery. still nothing. I changed the RR with one of the recommended GXR's. I have since cleaned the carbs twice. bought a new gas tank and petcock, since I notice the old tank didn't look to bike friendly inside. All the bike is doing is backfiring on occasion, and split fire out the exhaust now and again. i hear the starter trying to do its job. I had installed new plugs that became fouled after repeated starting attempts so I have clean those and reinstalled. I am just wondering what i missed, and why won't this bike of mine run. I am growing more frustrated day by day so all help is appreciated.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd clean carbs again and maybe again after that. The only time mine was backfiring was when it wasn't getting hardly any gas. I'd check all my lines, fuel and vacuum to make sure they are okay. After I cleaned my carbs again and went over my fuel lines, my bike started. Before that, just a huge backfire echoing through the neighborhood. After a couple of years of messing with mine (and learning), needless to say the carbs are finicky. Good lucj to you. Please post your experiences as you work on it and update how it is going.

Search this Thread