CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

f2 update

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: f2 update

speakin of covering the seat...i found this guy on ebay selling seat covers for the f2 and i have been debating on pickin one up. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...94763&rd=1 they look pretty kool to me and there are plenty of options with the different colors and materials. not a bad price either...just givin yaa heads up!

Old 11-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks BDizzle!

Good link. The more choices the more fun this project will be

Old 11-06-2007, 08:53 AM

i've purchased one from that place and they are of good quality. It was for a ninja 250 and the back of the seat cover was yellow and it looked like it had a seat cowl on. Pretty cool!

Old 11-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

notny41 - how are those covers installed? do they just slip over the seat, or do you glue/staple them in place?

They arent loose, dont wrinkle?

Old 11-06-2007, 01:21 PM

I just called my local Honda dealer, the tech said they usually don't work on bikes over 10 yrs old because it's not worth it money-wise.

He quoted me $450 to clean the carbs and was cautious about simply putting on another set of carbs from another F2, he said it has to be specific to that model yr because of emmissions requirements for each year.

He also quoted me $75 to have them check the bike top to bottom to see what else needs fixing.

Another option, isI could justkeep saving, and saving and saving till I have enough to buy a well-taken care of used bike

Old 11-06-2007, 01:38 PM

$450?!?!!?!? TELL HIM TO GO **** HIMSELF!

Sorry, but that's a 1.5 hour job max... And if you have the carbs out already and just drop off the bank of carbs that's only a 30 minute job!

$75 for an inspection is fair

Not working on bikes over 10 years old? **** off, you're a Honda dealer, this is a honda, I dont care if it's a 1960's bike you ****ing fix your product!

You need to find a new dealership.

Ship your carbs to me for $20 and I'll clean them and send them back for $75, that stealership is a joke!

Also, if the jetting is the same, any carbs will work. I could put my carbs in your bike and it will run. Is your bike a CA model? They have some extra bits for emissions but it's not that big a deal.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:15 PM

Yup Hershey, that's Hawaii dealership prices for you!

It's a non-Cali model I think, there's no soda can sized thing underneath the bike.

Yeah that was pretty lame....them saying they don't fix bikes over 10 yrs old.

I have a few more options, I could go to a smaller shop that's non-Honda and I am sure it would be a lot less. Could also have my friend help me do the carb swap.

Or, I could go on the local website and ask anyone who wants a side job.

Thanks for the help Hershey I appreciate it.

ORIGINAL: Hershey

$450?!?!!?!? TELL HIM TO GO **** HIMSELF!

Sorry, but that's a 1.5 hour job max... And if you have the carbs out already and just drop off the bank of carbs that's only a 30 minute job!

$75 for an inspection is fair

Not working on bikes over 10 years old? **** off, you're a Honda dealer, this is a honda, I dont care if it's a 1960's bike you ****ing fix your product!

You need to find a new dealership.

Ship your carbs to me for $20 and I'll clean them and send them back for $75, that stealership is a joke!

Also, if the jetting is the same, any carbs will work. I could put my carbs in your bike and it will run. Is your bike a CA model? They have some extra bits for emissions but it's not that big a deal.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:25 PM

Non-Honda small shops will be cheaper, man I would call that shop back and give them a piece of my mind!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:28 PM

It's okay Hershey. I have a few options. There's no shortage of smaller motorcycle shops on Oahu anyway, now is a great time to own a bike in Hawaii

ORIGINAL: Hershey

Non-Honda small shops will be cheaper, man I would call that shop back and give them a piece of my mind!

Old 11-06-2007, 03:54 PM

I may be missing something, but MT, it would be faster and easier for you to do the carb swap yourself than it would for you to take the bike to the dealership and back. There's a really excellent howto on cleaning carbs. If you follow that there really isn't anything that can go wrong. The 75 bucks for the inspection is fair I think but completely unnecessary. Have you're more mechanical buddies give it the once over. Actually, in reality based on the number of pictures in your past thread about that bike, people on here would probably catch anything upon visual inspection. Save your money, do things yourself.

BDizzle- that ebay item looked so sweet I had to order one for myself. When I get it I'll post up pictures so everyone can see how it turned out. Hopefully someone will be able to answer hersheys questions before then though, because I'm curious as well.

Quick Reply: f2 update