CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

F2 Security

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009 | 07:39 PM
|
Default F2 Security

what ways do you guys use to protect your bike when you are on the road? i normally store it in a garage when im done riding for the night jus need some ideas for whn i go to the gym and things like that.

Old 11-09-2009 | 07:49 PM

I think id be too tired after the gym to ride. I am personally paranoid about people stealing my bike so I don't park it unless I know it is secure... in my garage. I thought about getting one of those caliper locks but people can just lift it into a truck...

Looked at alarm systems with the FM transponders and Lojack too.

Old 11-09-2009 | 08:01 PM

I installed a Cyclone 866F alarm on my F3. Easy to install. Shock & 2 axis tilt sensor. Starter kill and rotating code remote.

Thing about alarms is you have to park in a completely public place. Which then invites people to 'play' with your bike. I've already had her trigger cause someone sat on my bike. My worry is some idiot will ignore the flashing LED, pick her up and then drop her when the alarm sounds.

Old 11-09-2009 | 11:55 PM

Kuroshio, your post about the cyclone got a interested so I googled it to find out more about it.

Found a nice post on the message boards: here about it. Guy makes complaints about it, manufacturer responds... you get the idea.
Seems like a solid system, but I still don't know if is enough to put my mind at ease about leaving my bike.

The fact you mention people sitting on it setting it off actually kind of frightens me... thats the last thing you want some ******* to be doing, next thing you know its dropped!

I am looking at the Scorpio SR-i900 alarm system. Has anyone used this before?

Old 11-10-2009 | 12:21 AM
|

Yeah i know about most alarms i was looking for something to protect against someone picking it up and putting it a pick-up truck.
any ideas?

Old 11-10-2009 | 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by deadfred
Kuroshio, your post about the cyclone got a interested so I googled it to find out more about it.

Found a nice post on the message boards: here about it. Guy makes complaints about it, manufacturer responds... you get the idea.
Seems like a solid system, but I still don't know if is enough to put my mind at ease about leaving my bike.

The fact you mention people sitting on it setting it off actually kind of frightens me... thats the last thing you want some ******* to be doing, next thing you know its dropped!

I am looking at the Scorpio SR-i900 alarm system. Has anyone used this before?
Yeah I read that same post before buying it. The instruction manual now warns several times to disconnect the alarm before charging the battery I have yet to have an issue with the alarm, easily hearing the warning chirps in my apt when my bike is on the street.

Any alarm with a shock sensor should sound if someone sits on the bike. Kind of the point, reacting to shocks . A good alarm will have adjustable shock sensitivity. And the Cyclone does have the ability to disable any of the sensors selectively.

There are a bunch of features in the Cyclone I like for the price: Sleep / Valet mode (no battery draw), built in backup battery good for (allegedly) 2 hrs with the siren running, adjustable shock sensitivity for both warn and sound, secondary power output (going to attach my LEDs to it), starter immobilizer. When I get the undertail trunk installed (gotta figure out the wiring) I may back it up with a disc lock + alarm. Haven't decided.

More layers of security = more deterence

Old 11-10-2009 | 09:48 AM

there was a good writeup in the aug issue of super streetbike on the latest and greatest in bike security. Bully has a nice wheel lock with motion sensitive alarm and it comes with a pager if ur not close enough to hear the alarm. its only 150. dunno if its good or not but seems pretty nice.

Old 11-10-2009 | 10:42 AM

Park your bike next to another bike thats alot more modern and considered disireable by kids/thieves. That way the kids/thieves should go for their bike instead of yours.

I chain my bike to whatever I can and try to park it somewhere I can see it or check on it. I also have anti-thieft paint and never clean it during the winter.

So far so good (touch wood).

Old 11-10-2009 | 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Preid
I also have anti-thieft paint and never clean it during the winter.
So far so good (touch wood).
nice!

Old 11-10-2009 | 12:16 PM

i park my bike behind my car... when im at home, she goes in my driveway behind my car and my driveway is pretty narrow that you have to move the car to get to the bike. And when im at school, i park in the same spot as my bike

Quick Reply: F2 Security