CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

F2 Ram-Air?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F2 Ram-Air?

Is there a way to Ram-Air my F2 without it being to much of a pain in the rear? And would it be worth it?

Old 05-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From my understanding, ram air only has some effect above 100mph or so. I could be wrong, but this is what I've read.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:25 PM

Its a track only bike so I guess it spends a reasonable amount of time at or over 100mph. I read the musclecross site with his F234i, he had ram air that worked until the tank got down to about half, then there wasnt enough fuel weight to keep the air from forceing fuel backwards so to speak. He said he had to add a fuel pump. I know I would need to pressureize the carb bowls. Oh well, sounds like it would be a big pain in the rear. So F it.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:02 AM

I guess you would have to steal parts from an f3, carbs, airbox, pump etc but I'm not sure if it would all fit...

Old 05-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

F3 did come with ram-airbox and the tank and motor are identical and almost convince the F3 airbox will fit on a F2 carbs, not for sure. There is a air sensor hole on the f3 airbox which the f2 doesn't have. I would say if you have a track-only F2 go down this route and if so, do the extra work of F3 fuel pump, Harness and ecu. Your money for little gains. IMO

Old 05-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you do choose to implement some ram-air functionality, you will probably be limited by your air filter, that is, if you are using a more restrictive OEM type paper filter - if you're using a "hi-flow" K&N, BMC, etc. filter, you might need to make jetting adjustments, in the mains, and maybe even the needle jets - bottom line is, I would expect that you'll have to do some sort of toying with your fueling circuits.
I know it's pricey, but hey, for all I know, you're loaded!! So, if you DO decide to do it, I would love to see the difference in the powerband, as made evident with before and after dyno readings - Oh, crap, I guess that would only work if you did the dyno tests in a wind-tunnel!! Well, maybe you're REALLY loaded?!?

Old 05-22-2012, 02:31 AM

No, I'm not loaded. My teenage daughters think I got an endless ribbon of $20's flying out my rearend. Air Tech use to make aftermarket ram air boxes for non ram air bikes but I dont see them anymore. They were pretty pricey. I just thought maybe some one here might have done ram air to an F2 for a reasonable cost. Oh well.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know about pressurizing the carb-bowls. I did the F23 fuel pump conversion(harness, ecu) and mine works better than great. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:17 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coalminer frank
No, I'm not loaded. My teenage daughters think I got an endless ribbon of $20's flying out my rearend. Air Tech use to make aftermarket ram air boxes for non ram air bikes but I dont see them anymore. They were pretty pricey. I just thought maybe some one here might have done ram air to an F2 for a reasonable cost. Oh well.
Without a doubt, teenage girls will always think that way! And I guess I should have suspected that you were probably not "loaded", based on your username - I mean, how much money can a coalminer really make, anyway!!!

Also, no doubt on Airtech stuff...VERY PRICEY...AND, you still have to drill all your mounting holes in there parts!!

Old 05-22-2012, 08:55 AM

The aftermarket ram air box that was mentioned: I remember seeing these on some web site. They claimed hp gains at speed and for a track bike this would be excellent! Look around ebay and see what you find.