CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

f2 idle problem, fed up!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f2 idle problem, fed up!

ok, so the person i bought it from said the bike has an idle problem, acceptable, said it needs the screw so its find. so all day today since it is my day off, been looking for where this idle screw would be, and cant find it for the life of me. he said he put a screw in there just so that it can idle for the mean time until i order one, and it did idle....but after riding it i guess it fell out and i had to ride it again with the throttle open all the way back home so it wouldnt die. please help!!!! need to have this thing idle before its warm lol bought the screw set just need to know where it goes before it gets here. thanks

-tom

Old 03-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Old 03-28-2014, 05:01 PM

the idle screw connects to a cable that connects to the carbs. it is usually located on the left hand side just under the fuel tank.
Are you sure it has fallen off?, whilst the screw may not be there the the cable should be.

Your second post is right, if your not riding it at the moment strip and clean the carbs.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:16 PM

does the cable actually connect to the carb or is it just a screw that pushes the carb? cuz yes i finally found it, was so confused to where it was because of that cable. i have ordewred the part and it should be here soon. the carbs run fine because i ran the bike without the idle screw, so the bike runs and all. the motor was rebuilt last year. but ill let u know once i get the screw and cable in the mail and put it on. i can not wait.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomekzski
does the cable actually connect to the carb or is it just a screw that pushes the carb? cuz yes i finally found it, was so confused to where it was because of that cable. i have ordewred the part and it should be here soon. the carbs run fine because i ran the bike without the idle screw, so the bike runs and all. the motor was rebuilt last year. but ill let u know once i get the screw and cable in the mail and put it on. i can not wait.

Not the best pic but best I can do while at work. I'll try to get a better one tonight seeing as how my carbs are off my bike at the moment

Old 03-28-2014, 11:20 PM

thanks man, so its that one red black tube smack dab in the middle correct?

Old 03-29-2014, 12:00 AM

dont mind the "red" no idea why i wrote that

Old 03-29-2014, 05:44 AM
Welcome Crew

Yep, its the black tube that goes in between carb 2 and 3. If you look at this closer pic you can see its basically just a small piece of thread all that screws in right on the throttle control stop. Thats it really. A bolt with the head removed and a piece of rubber hose snugly attached to the end of it. The hose, kinda like a stiff wall vacuum hose, then gets routed to the bracket under the seat and just behind the fuel petcock. On that end there is another rod, perhaps an inch inch and a half long, that has a plastic **** bolted to it. The hose just makes it accessible to adjust without removing everything. Basically just connecting the too bolts in a flexible way so you can route it easier. Hope that helps.Anything else I can do lemme know.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:24 PM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! lol problem is that i got the new part in, i take the carb off cuz it wasnt going in. SO what i find is that the place where i screw it in, was stripped. so i forced it in with plyers. it went in a little bit then wouldnt budge, got it in tehre and i took it for a spin, later on when she warmed up she was idling at 3500 rpms. idk if i did something wrong with the choke, cuz when i put the choke in, it didnt go up, it just died, and then when it was off choke it ran at 35oo rpms. is that normal that the bike would die when i put choke on?

Old 04-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Welcome Crew

Yeah it's normal when it's warmed up. The choke is to adjust the amount of air flowing in the carbs during startup. Basically enriching it. What you did is block off air flow. That's why it died on ya.

As for the jump in rpms when it warmed up, that is an incorrect idle adjustment. That screw you replaced is adjustable. When it's at normal temp, that's when you adjust it. So, if it wasn't stripped and the screw operated properly, you would loosen the screw until your rpm dropped down to a steady, stock reading.... If I'm not mistaken its around 1200. Best bet would be pop the carbs off, again lol, pull the screw out and get the right size tap and rethread it. Then you'll have your adjustability back. Then it's just a simple matter of adjusting it.

Quick Reply: f2 idle problem, fed up!