CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

F2 has bad flatspot between 6-7K rpm, need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the dyno chart, talked to my mechanic and he said the carbs had indeed been synced fairly recently. He said the jets looked to be good according to the chart but the needles were shimmed as much as they could. I think he said 2 clips were on the needles? He also said there were no markings on the jets or needles, usually there's a "DJ" on the needles indicating a dynojet kit. He thought when a dynojet kit was used some hole in the slides had to be filled in or epoxied for them to work. Does this sound familiar? Evidently my slides still had the hole in them.

Hope that all makes sense, here's the chart. Once again, thank you for your help! (FWIW: rode the bike tonight, wouldn't pull past 70 mph, the flat spot is that bad)

Old 08-21-2009, 09:02 AM

Woah. That's pretty severe. . . .I think. What's the baseline they give there? Another F2?

Old 04-23-2022, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by johnnyx
Syncing is a massive issue, and a lot of people don't do it as part of a carb cleaning. Your engine cylinders wear unevenly over time, and the vacuum changes, thus requiring a sync to be done. Call and ask him if he did that.

As for the jets: I don't quite understand why he shimmed it that far. The fact that he has the jets all the way out (or in???) could def affect your midrange.

And don't worry about the filter, it's not going to fix anything.
the air filter condition has a lot to do with the revving I have an f2 and wouldn’t rev higher the. 6k and would sound like a misfire turned out to be rich from not enough air

Old 04-24-2022, 10:45 AM
Welcome crew
Received 318 Likes on 296 Posts

Welcome to the forum myles jones,

Please pop over the the new member area and introduce yourself.

As the post that you replied to is c.13 years old the OP may have solved the issue or binned the bike

Cheers
Al