CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

does anyone want to put the f4i front end on your f2????

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone want to put the f4i front end on your f2????

just wondering if anyone is wanting to do the f4i swap on their f2 i have brackets that take all the guess work out all you do is bolt your f4i stay to the brackets and then bolt it in the same spot your f2 stay was and finish the swap with the rest of the stuff. i can make these brackets if anyone wants these or is interested let me know

Old 04-05-2010, 10:30 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i got a buddy extremely interested in this. do u use the f4i headlight? which guages? and is this good to put the lower fairings on too? also how much?

Old 04-06-2010, 09:40 AM

Yes you would use the headlight, gauges, and f4i stay. This lets you bolt the lowers on to. The price really depends on how many people would want them. The less people the more money. The more people the less money.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by dustinjklee
Yes you would use the headlight, gauges, and f4i stay. This lets you bolt the lowers on to. The price really depends on how many people would want them. The less people the more money. The more people the less money.
Can you hook us up with some pictures of this? Im sure people will buys this right away with some decent pictures!

This means that i can buy upper and lower fairings for the F4i, and bolt it right on without any other mods than the custom brackets?

The upper f4i fairing doesent go well with the lower F2 fairing (?), i guess, so you have to use both parts, and just keep the old F2 tail

Old 04-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Default like this?

Step 1. Crash your bike so you have a reason to buy new fairings.

Step 2: strip it down

Step 3: put on f4i fairings.

no but really, here is a good tutorial for F2/F3 to F4i conversion,

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f3-17/my-guide-swapping-f4i-fairings-your-f2-f3-52711/

Old 04-06-2010, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by oystein1988
Can you hook us up with some pictures of this? Im sure people will buys this right away with some decent pictures!

This means that i can buy upper and lower fairings for the F4i, and bolt it right on without any other mods than the custom brackets?

The upper f4i fairing doesent go well with the lower F2 fairing (?), i guess, so you have to use both parts, and just keep the old F2 tail
Any thoughts on this?

I am going to be needing new fairings sometime... so why not put new stuff on it eh? I don't want to swap front ends if it is going to be a super big pita to deal with later.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:15 PM

Thats how i did my F3 as well, just got bored one day and happen to have all the parts in my garden that i had planed to put on a F4 and just wonderd "Could i make a bracket to fit this to the F3" unfortunately all i had on me at the time was a heal guard off a peg and just thaught F*ck it ill just use this to see if its possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB4KEczUbCA

I've thaught about making the brackets and selling them on ebay but im just to damn lazy.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:00 AM

this is a very interesting topic and would def want to know more about the bracket, is it just plug and play, or is there more than meets the eye

Old 04-30-2010, 10:04 AM

Haha i forgot about this post sorry guys. Yeah its plug and play. But you have to fit the rest of the fairings up.this bracket just sets you in the direction you need to go. This allows you headlight to be at the right angle so that its not facing straight in the air or on the ground. It also makes it easy to bolt the rest of it up. In order to put f4i fairings on the f2 you have to make your bracing for the upper first. Well with this bracket it takes all the guess work out of it. All you have to do is bolt it up and finish the rest of the stuff. Triming plastic etc... You still have to do all the other stuff that people have done in other write ups. You just dont haveto try to hold up the upper fairing by urself and make brackets at the same time. This does make it alot easier. Ill get some pics up soon. Ive had this on my bike for about 4 months with no problems. I take my fairings off and they go right back on just like a glove

Old 04-30-2010, 10:21 AM

i really badly wanna do this, at least update the "look" of the F4i rather than buy a new bike. I mean im decent mechanically skilled, but i get lazy sometimes and cut corners. I dont suppose you make the brackets for the RR or F4i tail conversion do you?

Quick Reply: does anyone want to put the f4i front end on your f2????