CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

to clutch or not to clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to clutch or not to clutch?

I usually use the clutch when upshifting but I hardly ever use it down ****fting.Just curious on how You guys do it.Whe i do downsift its real smooth cause the bike is winding down.i know a buddy who races 125 shifter and he never uses clutch except to get rolling.He has never experienced any problems.Half the people say you dont need to clucth a sequential and the other half say you do.Opinions?

Old 05-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Default RE: to clutch or not to clutch?

I always use the clutch both up and down. You may not have to but I am not going to replace my transmision tyo find out last I heard its about a 1300$ fix on my 900.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Randy91CBR600F2

I usually use the clutch when upshifting but I hardly ever use it down ****fting.Just curious on how You guys do it.Whe i do downsift its real smooth cause the bike is winding down.i know a buddy who races 125 shifter and he never uses clutch except to get rolling.He has never experienced any problems.Half the people say you dont need to clucth a sequential and the other half say you do.Opinions?
Hi Randy , I am from the UK with a dog box as in your bike, you dont need to use the clucth at all to upshift. same as racing cars with dog boxes . Hewland etc No one I know uses the clutch when riding quickly . If you are just lazy and riding sedatly then use the clutch I taught my mate to, not use the clutch in his Formula three car. told him not to use it changing up, he came back and said he didnt need it to change down either. I change Ratios for every race and the dogs have never worn . So I would say from practical experience if you are smooth dont use the clutch My Cbr has done 22k and no problems ,Its exactly the same colour as your's by the way Oh I breath on the clutch and blip on the change down.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:13 PM

I operate my clutch in accordance with the owners manual.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:44 PM

It takes way way more effort for me to shift without using the clutch... so I see no reason why I would not use the clutch.

clutch clutch baby.... too cold...too cold....

*Vanilla Ice

Old 05-25-2006, 08:50 PM

I only clutch 1-2nd to avoid the potential for false neutrals. 2nd gear is more prone than others to get damaged due to neutral being right there.

@ the strip, @ top speed testing, and on track days I go clutchless from 2nd on up.

Everything else is w/a clutch

Of course all downshifts are w/a clutch and matching revs.

A.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:33 AM

I cant believe you all use the clutch . Rev it hard through the gears lift off brefly and change gear positivly dont ***** foot around . But if you are doing it it in 3rd 4th and 5th keep an eye out for the police you will be doing well over 3 figures we get banned over here .

Old 05-26-2006, 12:17 PM

well i have a few questions about that, one even with my clutch in i have a problem with changing from 1st to 2nd gear cuse I keep getting caught in neutral at high rpms. then when I go to wheelie i red line and it grinds really bad getting into 2nd gear.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:56 PM

ORIGINAL: maddogf3

I cant believe you all use the clutch.
We can't believe that you don't use the clutch.

Old 05-26-2006, 03:52 PM

Even Rossi uses the clutch.

Quick Reply: to clutch or not to clutch?