CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

clipon risers, where from?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 02:53 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default clipon risers, where from?!

I'm in the need of some small risers, say 1", just can't find any shop that would send to finland. Lsl riser set costs 269EUR here which is way past my budget since I've seen them for around 99USD in US shops. Is there decent ones in Ebay? Would someone know to recommend a trusted seller? Thanks!

And to be clear i spesificly want clipon risers, not those dirtbike handlebar adapters.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Hm, no answers yet...

I did some digging myself after work and found these:

Woodcraft 1.5 Inch Clip-Ons Riser Assembly 41mm Silver Bars Honda CBR600 F2/F3 -ebay

I like the concept that if the rise is wrong I can buy just the riser bits and change them, I was just wondering what would be the correct rise? I did some measuring on the bike and based on the original bars I`d say 1,5-2", the latter being close to maximum before the bars hit the sides of the windshield. What got be a bit baffled was that I understood these things should go UNDER the triple tree which messes up my calculations badly. Do the HAVE to go there? I cannot see a single reason why I couldn`t just put them where the originals are now.

The seller is Rider`s Resource, Utica, Michigan, any thoughts or experiences from them?

I`m really tempted to order the 1,5" set and put them over the triple tree hoping they`ll be good. After customs and taxes they STILL are 100EUR cheaper than what I can get from here, and probably arrive sooner too...

Anyone know what the tilt angle on the original bars is? These have 7 degrees.

EDIT: made the order, hope they`re good... Can`t find anything better...

Last edited by Mattson; 06-18-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: fixed link
Old 06-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woodcraft makes rear sets for the F2/F3s and are known for quality stuff. Looking at the bars in the link picture, you can mount them where the stock bars mount, above the triple. I don't know what the stock angle is but I modified mine to move them to a better angle for my wrists. The stock bars have the safety tab for people who don't tighten bolts properly.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should probably make sure your throttle and clutch cables are long enough. They might be long enough to mount the bars but when you turn the bars they might get stretched which might cause the throttle to rev on its own. Just a thought. Heres another thought, SV 650 bars fit our forks and they're taller, if they are too tall mounted above the clamps, maybe you could put them under the clamps and they might still be higher than the stock bars. If you could find a cheap/used pair that is.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:02 PM

I doubt I wont have issues with cable lengths with such a small rise but I'll be checking that when they arrive and I can get to the mounting part. They should be here in a couple of weeks.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by gpfan1
Woodcraft makes rear sets for the F2/F3s and are known for quality stuff. Looking at the bars in the link picture, you can mount them where the stock bars mount, above the triple. I don't know what the stock angle is but I modified mine to move them to a better angle for my wrists. The stock bars have the safety tab for people who don't tighten bolts properly.
I also planned at first to cut the tabs out but firstly I'm not a big fan of modifying original parts that, if need be, can be extremely hard to replace here, and if I would have cut them out to open the angle a bit that would also move the bars further away from me and that simply won't do as I'm trying to take the weight AWAY from my wrists, I have an RSI on both of them from work (delivery truck driver/removals) that has kept me off the bike for the past few weeks cause they've been acting up, hopefully those risers will help, I really wouldn't want to have to sell the bike and move to something like a paneuropean, I'm not old enough for a granpa-bike just yet I've never heard of Woodcraft before as their products are not for sale at this part of the world but from what I can tell from the pictures they seemed pretty solid. Funny that even though they are coming from the opposite side of the globe, and I have to pay customs and VAT from them when they arrive I STILL save almost 100EUR compared to marching to the nearby bike shop and order a set from them...

Old 06-18-2013, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by gpfan1
I also planned at first to cut the tabs out but firstly I'm not a big fan of modifying original parts that, if need be, can be extremely hard to replace here, and if I would have cut them out to open the angle a bit that would also move the bars further away from me and that simply won't do as I'm trying to take the weight AWAY from my wrists, I have an RSI on both of them from work (delivery truck driver/removals) that has kept me off the bike for the past few weeks cause they've been acting up, hopefully those risers will help, I really wouldn't want to have to sell the bike and move to something like a paneuropean, I'm not old enough for a granpa-bike just yet I've never heard of Woodcraft before as their products are not for sale at this part of the world but from what I can tell from the pictures they seemed pretty solid. Funny that even though they are coming from the opposite side of the globe, and I have to pay customs and VAT from them when they arrive I STILL save almost 100EUR compared to marching to the nearby bike shop and order a set from them...

Old 07-03-2013, 02:43 PM

The mailman had some work to do today:

This flew in all the way from across the pond this morning.

Looks solid and the craftsmanship is very good quality, I could easily spin the bolts to the silky smooth threads with my fingers. I did order a set with silver bars cause no other option was available but got these, which is way better!

As expected the rise is very subtle, only about 1/2 to 3/4 of the diameter of the bars, but that could just be enough... If not I can just order the 2" riser bits... The bars are longer than the originals so I can get a slightly wider position with these.

Here you can see the rise better. Gonna fit then this weekend and see how they sit. As I was putting them together I got a funny idea: For longer trips it would be super easy to go all Paneuropean and flip the mounts backwards so that the grips sit behind the shocks! That is if the cables are long enough and hey don`t hit the tank... Gotta do some test at weekend, can`t ride ATM as you can see, splint braces on both hands...

EDIT: Went to check, no way they`re ever gonna fit backwards without hitting the tank at a very early stage of turning...

Last edited by Mattson; 07-03-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:45 PM

Swap done:

They fit perfect, the only change I had to do was to free the front brake line from the highest mount loop and bend the lower a little (both on the lower triple) to get the brake line to not be pulled, and I had to drill one hole to the right handlebar cause there is a lock peg inside the throttle handle to prevent it from spinning. There was one on the left side too but I filed it out, should have drilled that side too cause the... thing all the buttons are, don`t know what it`s called in engl, was left a little loose even when I spun some electric tape on the bar inside it to get it to fit tighter.

I`m loving the bars! At first glance you don`t even notice they`re changed, the bars are longer than the originals so the position is better for me, and at the same time the longer bars and the rise both lift the riding position higher.

I haven`t been on a test run yet cause I took a few assembly beers but I`ll be going for a spin tomorrow.

Still have to get aftermarket weighed bar ends, can`t get the originals to come out!

OH! If someone else is planning to do the same, order the 1,5" set:

That is THE ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM that`ll fit without modding the windscreen.

Last edited by Mattson; 07-06-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by coalminer frank
You should probably make sure your throttle and clutch cables are long enough. They might be long enough to mount the bars but when you turn the bars they might get stretched which might cause the throttle to rev on its own.
The cables do tighten, but not stretch, if the rise would be any higher there would be problems cause they are long enough but only just.