CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Clip on risers

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clip on risers

So I finally got my garage and started to tear the bike (my 1992 CBR600 F2) up. First of all I discovered that a lot of screws were missing in the fairings and that some that were there had been replaced with whatever screw the previous owners had nearby... And the toolkit was missing aswell. Not too happy about that. But I got a bargain deal for some used but still decent fairings from a 1993 that I plan to repaint black while keeping mine stored in case I change my mind and want to revert it to its original state.

Anyways, as I said I removed all the fairings and discovered that all my mad skillz won't be mad enough to do everything I first planned. But one thing I really want to do is to raise the handlebar an inch or maybe two to get a more comfortable riding stance when streetriding in traffic. Do anyone of you more experienced and mechanically inclined people know of any good risers that allow me to attach them without too much of a hustle and, if possible, offer a couple of different settings in case I want to lower or raise them while on a tour or something?

Thanks guys!

Old 12-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could go with the Spiegler riser bar kit to have the dirt bike bar feel. But it isn't adjustable on the fly.

Spiegler Performance Parts - Handlebar Conversion | LSL Handlebar Riser Kits

I made my own with my Gsxr fork swap and can still blast the twisties and be comfortable riding there with "dirty bars".

Old 12-08-2012, 12:59 PM

Thanks Mpyre! Might be a good idea although I would prefer clip ons, but you can't have everything in life and maybe the dirt bike feel would be really nice as well. It doesn't have to adjustable on the fly either, that would only have been a bonus.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The most in-expensive (quality) option I've found, in my searches, are the DanMoto 3D
risers.

Another option is the APEX Engineering risers. A little beefier, but cost twice the price.

Both use a similar method to allow forward/back and up/down adjustability.
If you are only going for a mild change, you won't need to swap for longer cable/hoses.

Hope this helps, Ern

Old 12-08-2012, 04:06 PM

Ern, A+ answer! Thank you very much, amigo!

Old 12-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014

Another option are the ConvertiBARS kits, they are pricey, and I'm not sure about the logistics of installation, with regards to where the heck all the extra riser bar goes when collapsed - basically, whether or not you can turn lock to lock with these installed... all I know is that they DO make a set for the F2.

ConvertiBARS Convertibars - Street Motorcycle 1993 Honda CBR600F2 - Motorcycle Superstore

As you can see, you could probably chop off a certain length that is beyond the rise you need, and you can also see that it gives you a lot of material to play with, but like ern already alluded to, any significant deviation from your stock setup wil require new lengths of clutch cable, throttle cables, brake lines, choke cable... you get the picture.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:15 PM

Thanks, JNS! Great stuff but maybe a little bit too expensive for me. But exactly the kind of bars I was looking for. I think I'll order the Danmoto 3D for like 70 bucks a pair (I assume it is for a pair...) and try. And I'll be sure to upload pictures when I've done it.

So far I've just removed the fairings (all of them since this picture was taken) but not disconnected all the wires so they are kinda hanging loose from the bike at the moment. Seven of the eight bulbs in the speedometer and tachometer are broken (or a fuse, haven't had time to check that) so I have some minor adjustments to do, and I've discovered a leak somewhere which I have to trace back to its source. But first I have to remove all the black tar-asphalt-dirt-gas-goo that has been sticking to everything. My god, first I though the bike was painted black on all sides facing downwards but then I discovered that it is actually the worst **** ever to stick to a bike.

Oh, another change is that I removed the ugly and supersticky tank pad that has been a torment to my eyes since I bought the bike. It is still there in the pic though.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:16 PM

Yeah, like I said, they are pricey!

You said $70?!? I thought the Danmoto 3D risers were $99? At any rate, MUCH cheaper, and yes, clip-ons are typically sold in pairs, so that's a great deal if they are good quality.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:38 PM

Yup, 70 bucks or am I missing something here? Now you have me worried, mate .

3D Clip On 45mm Black [HD-00003] - $69.00

Old 12-11-2012, 04:44 PM

I had just looked at the page with all the 3D riser clip-ons displayed, and they all said $99, but I didn't search for any specific one... do keep in mind, though, that the link you just posted is for 45mm clamps - the F2 forks are 41mm.

Quick Reply: Clip on risers