CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

CHECKERD FLAG STANDS ARE IN !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHECKERD FLAG STANDS ARE IN !!!!!

Ok here we go , got my new stands " CHECKERD FLAGS" front and back $125.00 shipped easy to put together I just wasn't sure which way the tabs on the stands went ( my first stands [>:] ) so any way got em together and tryed em out, ( yes the bike is dirty, rode thru some rain awhile back and have not washed it yet[:'(] , I got impatient to take pics and post) so no sh#t from you neat nicks

[IMG]local://upfiles/4076/8D71E4E2BD1A4C89AF4BA2F1331BF016.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4076/DAFF3D89977E46938F6D6D15FC3F88EE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-18-2006, 12:26 AM
Default RE: CHECKERD FLAG STANDS ARE IN !!!!!

here are more, the stand on the rear( I'am thinkin about some spools) and the fronts

[IMG]local://upfiles/4076/C9FA9217B1C244F89ACC75B3932903D9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4076/1855962132BD41D5A4371C5F5AAFF56B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-18-2006, 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: city worker

" CHECKERD FLAGS" front and back $125.00 shipped
A great price, I paid almost that much just for my rear stand.
Is the bike stable on two stands, I mean can you really wrench
on it and not worry about the bike falling off?

Old 08-18-2006, 12:17 PM

Yeah, you can wrench on em, but, I wouldn't wrench on it with it being on the stands by the axle bolts!!
Did it come with a universal swingarm mount? I don't suggest using the axle bolts. Just doesn't look safe.
Looks good though.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrjeeper

Yeah, you can wrench on em, but, I wouldn't wrench on it with it being on the stands by the axle bolts!!
Did it come with a universal swingarm mount? I don't suggest using the axle bolts. Just doesn't look safe.
Looks good though.

+1 ACK!!! so not good!!

Old 08-18-2006, 01:57 PM

Total newb question...but what does putting it up on stands do..save the tire or something?

Old 08-18-2006, 02:12 PM

having the stand makes it alot easier to work on the bike. The tire spins free so its easier to clean and lube the chain. Also, having a stand, you can get the back wheel off if, heaven forbid, you end up with a screw in the back tire and can't ride for a month because you are waiting to get a stand to remove the tire to put a new one on, but, don't have the money.......ummm, sorry for the rant, I'm hopfully going to get my tire on tomorrow, then, i'll be ok.

But, yeah, it's just easier to work on the bike with the stand. And, if you aren't going to ride all winter if you're somewhere cold, putting it up on stands, i'm told, prevents getting flat spots on the tires. But, I live in FL and ride year round, so, i don't know that for fact.

Tylor

Old 08-18-2006, 03:33 PM

This is correct. Due to the soft compound used in our tires they are very prone to flat spotting after sitting for long periods of time.
The stands are great. I can't wait to get a set.

Cbrjeeper I know how you feel. My rear tire is showing belt in the center due to the 80 miles a day of interstating riding that I do. I have been without my bike for 2 weeks and it looks like it is going to be a few more before I get it fixed

Old 08-18-2006, 04:24 PM

i have some also. i have dealt with scott ( the owner fs CFM) many times and he is a great guy. he is completely behind his stands and gives a 100% guarantee on them. if you didnt get the foot style pads for the swingarm just give them a call and they will drop a set in the mail ASAP. you really need the foot style pads for the F2 to ge tthe wheel off.

for those who were asking. the bike is about 300% more stable on the stands than it is on the kickstand. i put a whole motor in my bike with it on a set of these and had no problems at all with it being wobbly or falling. the only real complaint i have is that the foot style links for the rear stand walks down the swingarm when youre working on the bike. it wont fall, but it will slide down the arm a bit and make it hard to put the real wheel on. i wish the F2 had a spot to mount spools, but unfortunately it doesnt.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:49 AM

Ok i'am back, gone fer the week end. Foot style pads ?? they did not specify any particular year on the bike( unless I totally missed it ) so I'll give em a call to day. How come we can't install the spools ?? never had a set in my hands to look at and roll over to see how they mount, maybe a long grade 8 bolt thru the swing arm ?? what do the experts say ??
ORIGINAL: 02_GSXR_HYBRID

i have some also. i have dealt with scott ( the owner fs CFM) many times and he is a great guy. he is completely behind his stands and gives a 100% guarantee on them. if you didnt get the foot style pads for the swingarm just give them a call and they will drop a set in the mail ASAP. you really need the foot style pads for the F2 to ge tthe wheel off.

for those who were asking. the bike is about 300% more stable on the stands than it is on the kickstand. i put a whole motor in my bike with it on a set of these and had no problems at all with it being wobbly or falling. the only real complaint i have is that the foot style links for the rear stand walks down the swingarm when youre working on the bike. it wont fall, but it will slide down the arm a bit and make it hard to put the real wheel on. i wish the F2 had a spot to mount spools, but unfortunately it doesnt.

Quick Reply: CHECKERD FLAG STANDS ARE IN !!!!!