CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

CCT going bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCT going bad?

Well I'm a pretty new rider still, <1k and im still trying to learn stuff about my bike..but I've noticed that everyonce in a while, like every 4 start-ups, I get this horrible sound coming from the engine (but then it goes away so I forget about it), my guess its the cam tensioner, but since im still a lil new Im not really sure if thats it...has anyone else experienced this?

Is it easy to replace the aftermarket CCT's? or should I just buy a cheap one and do it myself? all advice is welcome thks

Aaron

Old 05-30-2006, 01:26 PM
Default RE: CCT going bad?

Yeah, its really simple to do. All you do is take the right side fairing off, take the old CCT off and put the new one on. Of course you need to adjust it but thats easy. Search around and I am sure you will come up with a tutorial somewhere on the board. Defintely change it, its well worth the 50 bucks

Old 05-31-2006, 05:26 AM
Default RE: CCT going bad?

I have done three of them the only type that I have used is the APE I am guessing this is the only one out there. So far I have had much better luck with them than I have with the OEM ones. The only complaint that I have is APEs customer service blows. They are a pain in the *** to order from. I usua;;y have to call like three times in order to get an order in. Once i do get it ordered the date that they tell you that it will arive by, well thats more like the date that they will usually ship the item to you. Dont get me wrong they make a quality product. I have never seen one wear out or break. But they could definalty work on the customer service end.. Just my $0.02