CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

carb jetting question

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: carb jetting question

this thing was rode hard and put up wet before I got it (wish I would have left it there)but it's comming around though.Good thing I build bikes so as to save an azz load of money.I've had to fiberglass the whole front from an aperant fall in his yard.But from third to sixth it want to run out real hard need rear sprocket now.Has 520 conversion already so saves me a little.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:35 PM

I'm running 135 mains, up from the 130s that were in my bike when I got it. K&N filter, D&D slip on, and I "think", a Factory Pro jet kit. Ran my best time ever in the 1/8th on a Thursday night, cut my D&D downby about 6" Friday night, and it hasn't run right on top endsince, it's half a second off 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile, so now I'm re-jetting again, probably going to 137s, that is unless I find a quieter muffler to go back on it. If you think you need to go up on the jet, you can try shimming the jet needles a few thousanths to see if it helps or hurts. [8D]

Old 10-11-2008, 02:24 PM

actually ive found the best power to be leaning out the top and richin up the middle, basicaly reverse what the epa did to them. ive unless your runing a full exuast and individual filters ive never heard of an f2 motor doing better by going up on the mains. thats why all the jet kits for it come with smaller jets than factoryhttp://www.dynojet.com/pdf/1740.pdf

Old 10-12-2008, 11:24 AM

hey not trying to thread jack but I just bought a k&n stage 1 jet kit. I already have a k&n filter and a vance & hines full exhaust on my 91 f2, will I need anything else besides that kit to install and use properly? thanks

Old 10-12-2008, 04:04 PM

well in a sense no, but once the kit is installed and tuned properly (smooth throttle and nice acceleration at all rpm and no more flat spot at 8k) youll notice nice gains in the higher revs but itll seem alittle softer in the midrange which alot of people claim is normal for jeting a bike, well normal if you only do it halfway. if your satisfyied at this point then get to ridin but if you want that midrange alittle more stout get you some #40 pilot jets and that should make your midrange king. once thats done your bike will rock youll have a killer top end and a stout midrange your bottom rpm will be the same as it always was until about 3k when all that newfound power kicks inone thing id recomend ditch the k and n filter if you want the best power possible across the rpm.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:26 PM

hey cowboy was headed to florida yesterday morning to look at a bike for my dad where you live at?

Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 AM

in the woods. actually the closest city is jacksonville iam down here in nassau county.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:38 PM

ORIGINAL: cowboy from hell

actually ive found the best power to be leaning out the top and richin up the middle, basicaly reverse what the epa did to them. ive unless your runing a full exuast and individual filters ive never heard of an f2 motor doing better by going up on the mains. thats why all the jet kits for it come with smaller jets than factoryhttp://www.dynojet.com/pdf/1740.pdf
Well, I started out pretty lean to begin with, of course this bike is over 15 years old, who knows what's been done to it previously. But I took the jet needles up a notch from center and it helped, dropped them back down to center and it hurt. That says it's lean.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Rickracer

ORIGINAL: cowboy from hell

Well, I started out pretty lean to begin with, of course this bike is over 15 years old, who knows what's been done to it previously. But I took the jet needles up a notch from center and it helped, dropped them back down to center and it hurt. That says it's lean.
actually i got mine bottomed out with a shim underneath. ur needles work best like that because ur mains are way richer than mine which is what i was talking about in the first placemy jeting suggestions are for a stock/piped bike and its worked well.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:52 PM

Not to knock Dynojet, but I checked out Factory Pro a bit before I started tuning, and believe it or not, there is a tech line that is actually answered by somebody who knows their stuff. Told me how to go about testing, jetting, and some initial settings based on my mods to get me there quicker. Based on my performance at the track, it was dead on, then I went and screwed it up by cutting my muffler (whichI did for the look and the fit, not for the sound). I've been very tempted to get their 1.7 Pro Kit which requires a bit of machine work, and I PLAN to get their trans detent arm and Evo shift star kit.

Quick Reply: carb jetting question