CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Bought a china Faring kit.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 01:12 PM
SJN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a china Faring kit.

A few months ago we had a large storm, and it tipped my bike over while I as at work.
It shattered alot of my plastics :-(

So I decided to try out one of the ebay chinese fairing kits.....even though you mostly read horror stories about bad fiting parts and stuff.

Well, it showed up yesterday, and im quite pleased with it so far.

The parts look nice, and it is painted fairly well. There are a few small runs in the clear coat...but not too bad...I probably couldn`t do it any better myself :-) It was packed very well in foam, and all the corners double wraped, but still, the corner on my rear R/H fairing was broken. The broken tip was not in the box, so I think it can only have happened at the factory. No shipping damage to the box, and that particular part was in the middle of the box protected by the other bits.

I have begun to transfer all the small grommets, clip nuts, and screws and small fittings from my original fairings to the new ones. There are deffinatly differences, and the fit is not great.....but it is useable with a little attention.

Here are a few pics so far:

Attached Thumbnails Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00724.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00725.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00726.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00727.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00728.jpg  

Old 03-14-2014, 01:16 PM
SJN

Few more pics.......before I ordered I tried to make a photoshop version of what it would look like since I could not find any pictures of te completed bike.....only pictures of the fairing bits as you get them.

Got them here:
Fit 91 94 92 93 CBR600 F2 600F2 CBR600F2 1991 1994 Fairing White Black H2179 | eBay

Attached Thumbnails Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00729.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00730.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00731.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc02019.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc02019-black.jpg  

Old 03-14-2014, 01:17 PM
SJN

The broken part...

Attached Thumbnails Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00724.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00732.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00733.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00734.jpg  
Old 03-14-2014, 01:22 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Send them a pic of the damage. They may send you a free replacement. In the meantime you can use the broken piece. I've heard of this happening with other aftermarket vendors and that's what they did.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:19 PM
SJN

I did that, and they are going to send me a corner ,and a repair kit.

Ill settle with that, vene though a new part would have been nice

Old 03-14-2014, 03:26 PM

Maybe a dumb question but... did you get an actual metal tank replacement or is that a skin that fits over your existing tank?

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:43 PM
SJN

Yea, the tank is just a cover that fits over the real tank....pretty neat.....hope it fits :-)

I have almost moved all the hardware over to the new fairings.
Had to buy a pop-rivet tool to move over the nut plates for the two twist and lock nutplates in te two side acces plates....but that was very cheap :-)

The headlight does not fit as it is. I had to remove the 4 metal inserts from the mounting brackets so the holes are enlarged, which is just enough to make it fit into the aftermarket front piece.

There are metal thread inserts molded into the fairing several places instead of clip nuts on the original fairings...which are quite nice....just dont mess up the threads, as you cant replace them like the original.

I have ordered a new set of clear front indicators, as one of mine has also been destroyed by the fall. my handbrake lever is also bent, and waiting for that. Also my right mirror is broken. My rear brake pedal is also bent a little, but will streighten it up.

I have dry fit the parts, so they will only require minor trimming when I get all my parts and begin putting on the fairings onto the bike. Also a good time to replace a few bulbs in the instrument cluster, now that it is removed :-)

Attached Thumbnails Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00743.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00745.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00746.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00747.jpg   Bought a china Faring kit.-dsc00748.jpg  

Old 03-14-2014, 07:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does the tank cover work? I've often wondered. Is it just a slip over existing?

Old 03-14-2014, 11:41 PM
SJN

yea, just slips right over the old tank, and is held down by the original bolts.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So does that mean the tank looks wider? Being that its slipped over the old one? Are the side covers slightly wider at the top to make them flush with the tank cover? I've seen these on an auction site here in New Zealand and I'm interested so figure ill ask you seen as you have already purchased one

Cheers

Quick Reply: Bought a china Faring kit.