CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

bike wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpanderson
removed all jets except the ones said and used compressed air for the others', not sure if i got the wires to coils right way round could ihave done any damage if i have . battery seems ok , got it to start on easy start only for seconds though ,and still backs fires. checked petcock petrol used to run out before now it dosent , manual said its vacume engine should pull petrol through.spent hours checking everthing , checking all wiring connectors and grounds now.
Compressed air is not enough, believe me, Ive done this several times on different bikes.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:58 PM

ok so im new to this site and joined because i have a problem with my bike as well i have a 1999cbr and it ran when i put it away in mid september , this after noon i tryed to start it . . . it had a dead battery so the bone head i am tryed to jump it with the battery charger on boost . . . so needless to say the bike did not start and i now have no spark , i checked all the fuses and now i am on to checking the stator but i do not know what the resistence should be with the multimeter . so if any one can help that would be great . thanks again

Old 02-09-2009, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by brokencbr
ok so im new to this site and joined because i have a problem with my bike as well i have a 1999cbr and it ran when i put it away in mid september , this after noon i tryed to start it . . . it had a dead battery so the bone head i am tryed to jump it with the battery charger on boost . . . so needless to say the bike did not start and i now have no spark , i checked all the fuses and now i am on to checking the stator but i do not know what the resistence should be with the multimeter . so if any one can help that would be great . thanks again
You might wanna start your own thread. You will get more help if you post in the f4 section as well.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by DRLOWZ
Compressed air is not enough, believe me, Ive done this several times on different bikes.
He's right. Make sure you can see the light through the hole. That gas gunk that forms in the jets can get hard as a rock. You need some jet cleaners or the wire from a garbage bag tie wrap. Make sure to twist it it as you push it through.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:53 PM

easy start it comes in a can you spray it in the carbs ,starts engines in artic conditions , ihave tried everthing so annoyed only wanted to put new spark plugs in usually can do most repairs . but this has really baffled me.dont know what else to try.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:15 PM

How about. . . . .properly cleaning your carbs?

Old 02-14-2009, 01:44 PM

Removd carbs spent 4hours cleaning all jets like you said.cleaned tank out but it was clean .checked rubbers in petrol tap . put it all back together ,checked plugs for spark fine . moment of truth not a glimmer where do i go from here didnt even try to fire and yes the kill switch was on run.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:51 PM

Where are you located?

Old 02-14-2009, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by jpanderson
Removd carbs spent 4hours cleaning all jets like you said.cleaned tank out but it was clean .checked rubbers in petrol tap . put it all back together ,checked plugs for spark fine . moment of truth not a glimmer where do i go from here didnt even try to fire and yes the kill switch was on run.
How is your choke working? Cable might be stretched. Are you absolutely sure the ignition coils are hooked up the right way? On the (right)coil that has Black/White & Yellow/Blue (solid yellow, Blue trace) wires is the coil for #1 & #4 cyl. I presume you know which lead goes to #1?

The (left)other coil has Black/White & Blue/Yellow(Solid Blue, Yellow trace) these go to #2 & #3 Cyl.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:56 PM

oh yeah..what about the vacuum line that goes into the side of carb #1?

Quick Reply: bike wont start