CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

bike wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bike wont start

changed spark plugs, new ht leads with suppresor caps. tried second hand cdi unit,and pulse genertor.kill switch to run. plugs are sparking .cleaned carb bowls out. checked petcock . battery fully charged. tried spraying easy start in carbs. it turns over but dosent fire then it will give one enormas bang and thats it .i am at my wits end please any ideas

Old 02-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like it's flooding... carbs jetted and sync'd properly? Float needles stuck/leaking?

Old 02-06-2009, 09:50 PM

Sounds like idle jets to me.....should take you about 3 to 4 hours to clean properly.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:14 AM

had carbs off cleaned jets etc . sorry no better. checked electrics again , checked spark plugs again they are sparking ,but a very weak spark .

Old 02-07-2009, 09:31 AM

It could be a bad battery..what kind of voltage reading are you getting from the multimeter?

Old 02-07-2009, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by jpanderson
had carbs off cleaned jets etc . sorry no better. checked electrics again , checked spark plugs again they are sparking ,but a very weak spark .

Just to be sure you did remove the 2 jets that could be removed from each carb and cleaned them with a bread tie wire, now on the jet that you cant remove that is the one that is a bitch, that wire should go in there about 1 1/2 inches, no ****. Believe me I work on these F2's all the time and most of the time it is the carbs. Second thing is battery and get rid of that damn cheap stock voltage regulator... Get a 5 wire regulator of a GSXR 750. and hard wire it in and be sure to solder the wires and dont just twistie them.... Give me a holla if you need more advice..

Old 02-08-2009, 02:13 PM

removed all jets except the ones said and used compressed air for the others', not sure if i got the wires to coils right way round could ihave done any damage if i have . battery seems ok , got it to start on easy start only for seconds though ,and still backs fires. checked petcock petrol used to run out before now it dosent , manual said its vacume engine should pull petrol through.spent hours checking everthing , checking all wiring connectors and grounds now.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:42 PM

If you have the spark plug leads mixed up it won't run, at least noticeably poorly if it does start.

You won't cause any damage but it will flood badly because the fuel is not being ignited at the end of the compression stroke.

Worst case scenario is you flooded it badly enough to get fuel in your crankcase and exhaust pipe.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:42 PM

checked spark plug leads and they are in right position. spark plugs where riddion and i have put in ngk normal plugs as manual . tried old plugs back in nice blue spark but only small spark and they are set right . put normal in and they seem to spark from any where not really from centre of electrode does that mke sence . how come it will start on easy start but not with petrol iknow easy start more conbustible but once started would pull petrol in and run

Old 02-09-2009, 06:47 PM

What is "easy start" ?

Are you talking about the CHOKE?

You are supposed to start your bike with the CHOKE on, and allow it to run for a minute or two to warm up then turn the choke off.

Quick Reply: bike wont start