CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

bike help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bike help please

jasper,
i'll look into it, but why would it stop the connection to the ICM? the bike powers on and cranks? although at this point in time, i'll try anything, just a weird situation . thanksanyway

Old 04-24-2008, 08:39 AM

Have you checked ALL the fuses?It would makeno sense to change the harness as you most likely have a fuse or connector problem if the kill switch is functioning properly. Why did you jumper the kill swicth to begin with? Was that bad?

If the kill switch is operating normally, then the next thing would be the ignition switch as suggested.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:05 AM

ok. so heres the news;; SHE LiVES..somehow,it started thismorning. the previous owner installed what looks like a secondary ICM on the bike made by UNCO? .why, idk. but it was known as the mysterybox and i slapped that around this morning and the bike came to life. to answer the other quesitons.the kill switch was broken inside so i ended upjust hot wiring it with a metal clip jjst so i had power goin to the ignition system. and the ignition key switch is fine, i checked that previously. so..i am thinking i'm goin to get a new harness anyhow because i dont want any other problems like this coming up again. ijust want my F2 to run and enjoy it like everyone else . so.with that. ANYONE HAVE A HARNESS AnD/OR Kill switch layingaround? lol .
Thanks for everyones input..it really helped out with this search mission. i'll let you guys know as soon as iget my stuff in if my bike will start up normally . hopefully i can enjoy this freaking nice weather for once. anyone wanna ride in New paltz,poughkeepsie area?
thanks again.