CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

bike help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: bike help please

honestly im at work now so i dont have access to the manual but if you pull of the ignition cover on the right side you will see it. its a little black box looking sucker with 2 screws i believe. I would pop that cover and look in the manual if you have one and it should tell you. That is the LAST thing i could think that it could be.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:45 AM

I'm still thinking kill switch if that hasn't yet been eliminated. The bike will crank and crank with that kill switch engaged and it'll never start.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:47 PM

i'm inclined to agree with you mike. so how do you go abouts chekingit? checkfor voltage drop fromthe back miniclips? its freaking killing methat every day goes by andmy bike is just sitting!!

Old 04-22-2008, 02:59 PM

my bike wont turn over at all with the kill switch engaged...

Old 04-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Location: Granger, Indiana (Next to South Bend and Notre Dame)

The bike will act like it wants to start when it is engaged. A few times I have thought I killed my battery but I just hit the kill switch on accident.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:18 AM

In engine terms, "turn over" means fire or ignition. "Crank" means starter motor turning but no fire or engine start.

Anyway, the kill switch should be easy to check if you have a meter and can find the wires. I don't know if it's normally open, or normally closed, but i'm thinking for safety open would always indicate a no start as a corroded contact would leave an open and a no start.

Anyway, it's easy to check with the meter. See what you get with the wires in the current switch position and then flip the switch. Should change instantly.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:31 PM

well i have more problems now.. suprise suprise.. after cranking thebike for so long, thebattery died and relay just clicked. then iput a jumper box to it just to make a few lastminute attempts. and said the hell with it. now. after thinking thebatterywas dead, went a wasted money on a new batt but i'mnotgetting anything?! thelights, meteres, nothing. and i've checked allconnections,i never touched them.. what the hell happened? i feel like even if i took the bike to the shop, they would be like searching for hours for the electricalprob. i'm getting beyond hopeless here..

Old 04-23-2008, 02:12 PM

check the 30 amp fuse. Big fuse next to your battery box

Old 04-23-2008, 04:29 PM

ok.. soo after a day long of wiring diagrams and confusion.i got the bike CRANKING again. however.there is thatsame problem... nospark. and iam now not gettingany voltage tothe ICM/CDI or to the coils. any ideas?
i amlooking into getting anotherharness and ignition switch sincethat broke too.andshorted out my gauge cluster 15 fuse. so.... with that said..anyone have any ideas with why i am notgetting any spark? or voltage to ICM?
battery isnew,
engine run switch is bridged,
fuses are checked and rechecked
HELP!!! lol

Old 04-23-2008, 05:40 PM

Hey diablo, I'm about 95% sure that I know what's your problem. I highly doubt its your pulse generator. If you're getting a reading from 50-200 ohms from the pulse generator, you should be fine. If in any way your ignition switch (the switch which involves you to put in a key), this could be your problem.

I have a 97 gsxr that had the same problematic areas that you described. Exact same symptoms. So if you're original ignition switch has been tampered with in any way, I would check that asap and try to jump them in the correct order.

-Jasper