CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Big problem with the carb boots and valves

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 05:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do should be close to 40 today so either take hey for a little spin to get my new tyres on. Come on warm weather!

Old 04-02-2013, 07:48 PM

So now new issue.. Fix one find one seems to be the motto of this bike. I'm letting her run to see if I can run her without the choke cause I didn't have a chance to check yesterday and I notice white creamy liquid coming out of my exhaust pipe the very end.. What the hell is this now? Is it the head gasket? My plugs looked fine but I did see a bit in the oil on the dipstick. Thanks for any help

Old 04-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pull and inspect the oil cooler's gaskets and O-Rings, this is the most likely place for coolant to get in the oil, if indeed that's what the mix is; that is my suspicion.
Replacing these O-Rings and gasket will cost somewhere around $10 - there's two round O-Rings, a larger one with an oval shape, and the gasket, which is rubber - four pieces total, IF I remember correctly.

That's the easy part, and It may not even be necessary, but the next question would be: why is either one coming out of the exhaust?!?
That's where I would be getting worried... if you're burning some oil, and it is mixing with condensation in the exhaust, then you've got a problem. If you're spitting out coolant and oil both, through the exhaust, then it would seem like you've got coolant in your oil and/or vice versa, AND this is getting into your combustion chambers, which, could mean a bad head gasket.
The FIRST thing I would do, if I were you, would be to check out the oil cooler seals, and do a compression test on your cylinders.

Just out of curiosity, did you know the oil was fine when you got the bike? Have you personally changed it since you've owned it?
How much have you had the motor running, and/or been riding, since you've owned the bike?

Last edited by JNSRacing; 04-03-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:14 PM

I have owned the bike since February 25th? I was waiting to change the oil when I did my stator cover. Coolant levels seem full, idk how recently the oil was last changed. I've probly rode for two hours. Gad engine run for close to 3 hrs and this just happened yesterday I think maybe backfiring blew out my head gasket. I don't have money to order a manual can you help explain how to get to my oil cooler gasket

Old 04-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Honestly, you really need to get a manual, a Haynes is great for this kind of thing... just go sell some blood!

You can download a PDF version of the Honda Service manual online, for free - the only thing missing is some of the general information in the first section - I can't tell you where, because I don't know, I have that actual manual, along with the Clymer, and Haynes.
Also, a fiche site can really help with identifying where things are and how they go together - there's quite a few out there on sites that sell OEM replacement parts... ronayers.com is what I use when necessary.

In this fiche, the oil cooler assembly (a lot of parts to it) is what's in front of the engine block.

Ronayers.com Microfiche Honda>Motorcycle>1993>CBR600F2>CRANKCASE SET

Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted a link to the haynes manual in that thread too. At the bottom. I use both.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:22 PM

I haven't worked on cars much but I have really gotten into working on this bike my next question is do I bite the screwdriver and have someone certified fix and figure out what needs to be done or do I attempt the work. I don't have many tools but I can borrow some. Also I'm a student I don't have alot of funds to work with probly around 800..including help. Just kinda in a crossroads as I can't really figure out what the issue is

Old 04-04-2013, 05:41 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would really depend upon your comfort level. I don't find anything too difficult, but I am a mechanic. My opinion has always been, you have to pay someone to fix it now, so you might as well try and possibly learn something new, saving yourself money in the process.
With the people here, google, a manual, and patience, you should be able to do it yourself. Or at least narrow down where it is so if you do have to pay for someone to fix it, youll save a little on diagnostics.

Besides, I was told when I was little, if you can read, you can do anything So give it a go. Lots of help here and a wealth of knowledge. Plus collectively more experience then a single mechanic

Old 04-04-2013, 06:18 AM

Okay ill at least see if I can't figure it out at least we're it's coming from

Old 04-09-2013, 06:18 AM

Having a shop check my bike out all i know as of now is he pressure tested the radiator and that testes at 20psi and is a steady 19.5psi. What that means I'm not to sure. I know now that my petcock diaphragm broken was causing alot of my issue. Maybe the fluid coming out of the exhaust was never coolant ..

Quick Reply: Big problem with the carb boots and valves