CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Battery???

Old 02-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery???

Hey guys I went out to start my 91 F2 yesterday and the battery cranked for a min then went dead, so I pulled it out and tested it and it was at 11.7 I figured the bike would at least turn over with that much voltage so put it on a charger for a while then re tested it and it was still in the 11's so I'm thinking that's the problem but wanted to see if you guys might have any other ideas, thanks a bunch

Old 02-09-2010, 03:25 PM

So I went out to try to jump start my bike off a car battery with the motor off, it crank's really fast then just let's out big backfires any ideas? It ran just fine befor the battery took a crap on me

Old 02-09-2010, 04:38 PM

Flooded it when trying to crank with the weak battery because it didn't have enough juice to get good spark to ignite fuel?

might want to check the plugs.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:55 PM

Yea I'm pritty sure it did, I tryed yesterday as well and that's prob when It happend so what's the best way to clear the carbs from the fule?

Old 02-09-2010, 05:35 PM

So I pulled the tank and airbox off to drain the carb bowls and nothing is coming out of the #2 carb what could cause that? Sumthing plugged up?

Old 02-09-2010, 06:02 PM

Maybe plugged up but it could be you used up the fuel in the float bowl and didn't have enough vacuum pressure to activate the petcock. (petcock is vacuum operated by the #1 cylinder... when running).

Old 02-10-2010, 12:48 AM

Okay cool, so I got them drained out it was some crappy looking brown stuff that came out first tho lol should I worry about that or just blast some carb cleaner down the carb intakes?

Old 02-10-2010, 01:44 AM

No, don't do that. carb cleaner will eat up rubber seals in your carburetor. Carb clean is designed for when you take them apart to help clear passages and the insides of the carb. You need to take your carb's off and clean them properly. It's not that hard of a task and if you search there is a pretty detailed walk through of how to do it.

With the way you described your fuel, i'd guess your pilot circuit is plugged due to stale fuel. DO NOT let gas sit for more than a month without treating the fuel or draining it. Gas now was a higher ethanol rating and goes bad faster

If your not going to do that your bike may run funny, may not get fuel to a cylinder, may be hard to start. It's just better to do it the right way the 1st time.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:58 AM

Okay thanks man I'll pull them and clean them out for sure then, do you think the cleaning and new battery should just about do it? Or would you recomend any other things that should be changed,cleaned,or tested to fix my problem?

Old 02-10-2010, 02:09 AM

While you have everything apart, think- when was the last time you replaced the spark plugs? now might not be bad time to replace them sense you'll have everything apart. How does your air filter look sense you have it out? Other then that you should be fine on getting back up and running

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Battery???