CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

anyone recognize this header?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default anyone recognize this header?

Exhaust was rusty, so I figured I'd get it cleaned up. Noticed that it doesn't have the factory mount points under the bike, so I compared what I had to the manual. Apparently this is a full aftermarket exhaust, the pipe is a V&H Supersport, did V&H make a full system for the F2?

Old 06-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No idea... I've got an M4 on mine and the tard welded it... 0.0... how's it feel to find out you've had a custom exhaust all this time? haha

Old 06-11-2010, 09:16 AM

lol - well I bought the like on 5/25 so I'm still in the teardown and cleanup stage, Hope to have it back on the road in a week.

buying some sand today and going to use my el-cheapo harbor freight siphon feed gun for the first time.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:17 AM

I do know that Vance and Hines made headers for the F2, and I'd be surprised if they didn't make a full system. Those headers look like the V & H headers I've got on my bike, but the mounting plates for the exhaust bolts look slightly different. I guess most all 4-1's look similar though.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:21 AM

That looks exactly like the pipe layout on my bike, and the mounting brackets are exactly the same. Idk for sure what kinda of system mine is, but looks identical to the one you have pics of.

I guess my guy had mine fully chromed out all the way from the engine and then get a two bros. pipe put on, and had is made a straight one at that. Th previous owner spent god now's how much on the exhaust on my bike.

but I would def keep that and get it cleaned up. Look sweet once you finally get it back on.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:15 PM

Nice exhaust. Don't forget to re-jet the carbs, or that's a wasted exhaust system!

Old 06-11-2010, 01:13 PM

I get the feeling that probably the original owner, or someone some time ago had all the work done to the bike. It also appears that the last several owners have not seemed to do anything more than what was needed to keep it running. It was filthy, with tons of caked on road grime from years of not being cleaned. As I stripped it down and an getting everything cleaned up, I've found a K&N filter, installed (Common, but mot what the last couple of owners would have probably sprung for - plus it was getting pretty dry, so I cleaned and re-oiled), Advanced timing pulse generator rotor, this aftermarket exhaust, some other little things that were done to the bike years ago that make you think "someone loved this bike once" including the Joe Camel custom paint job, as there weren't any factory F2 replicas, and the paint job itself was very good quality. Good enough that I'm going to do my best to paint match the areas that need repair from a recent laydown.

I'm just ready to get it back "right" and ready to be back on the road.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:35 PM

Awesome! Good to hear man. Does it have a manual CCT?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by JesseAwesome
Awesome! Good to hear man. Does it have a manual CCT?
Before I bought the bike I had already researched here for common issues on the F2's and had read about the CCT issue. sure enough when I fired the bike up, immediately had the "tin-can full of nails" or diesel engine sound and knew about the APE M-CCT fix.

If I hadn't read here about what caused it, I would have walked away from a motor that sounded like that.

There's a new manual CCT sitting on my workbench waiting til I get everything back together to install.

Last edited by adrenalnjunky; 06-11-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:30 PM

Awesome! They're a breeze to install! I did the same thing with my bike. The owner was actually selling it as he thought the motor was surely going to blow up. I played along and talked him down in price a bit because of it! $45 later, it was running like a top!

Quick Reply: anyone recognize this header?