CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Any help would be awesome..carbs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Any help would be awesome..carbs?

I have a 92 f2 and it sat for a long time before I got it. And it was wrecked. All I can get it to do is idle andnit idles really rough. I cleaned the carbs twice! Plugs looked pretty good. If I touch the throttle it's like it chokes off with fuel or goes lean and dies. Any ideas?

Old 11-17-2011, 05:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What up brah! How long is the "sat up for a long time"?If i was you i would empty the old gas out,and put some new gas in there (i would put 1/3 can of seafoam in there with new gas),change the air filter,fuel filter,change coolant and oil change. Anytime a bike sits up for a while the old gas well slowly start to break down and gum up a fuel filter,and go to work on carbs.This is just the basic stuff to do. Hope this helps. Later

Old 11-17-2011, 09:52 AM

Thanks man, but it's a new fuel tank and line, new coolant, air cleaner, and all that stuff I'm gonna try seafoam today though! Any other ideas?

Old 11-17-2011, 09:53 AM

The long time is like a couple years

Old 11-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

sounds like the carbs are not spraying with the throttle.

take apart the carbs and clean them again. clean every jet and passage. make sure that all of the little parts get put back correctly.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by 74demon
sounds like the carbs are not spraying with the throttle.

take apart the carbs and clean them again. clean every jet and passage. make sure that all of the little parts get put back correctly.
That's for pumper carbs... which aren't on the F2 nor most bikes on the street. Very few bikes got pumper carbs.

Sounds like a vaccum issue to me.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:51 PM

Have you messed with the idle adjustment **** on the left side of the bike? If so, how many times did you turn it? My bike was doing the same thing because the **** wasn't at the correct setting and my plugs ended up becoming worthless, but they still "looked good". After swapping out the plugs with some NGK Iridiums and turning the **** 2.25 turns counter-clockwise, the bike started, but the rpms shot up to 5k. After i picked up my heart from freaking out, I adjusted the **** with a little turn counter-clockwise to lower the rpm and now it runs like a champ. If it's extremely cold where you are you're going to want it at around 2.5-3k rpm when it first starts up. After it warms up completely, you'll be able to fine tune it from there. I just did this yesterday. Hope this helps.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by hondasniper
Have you messed with the idle adjustment **** on the left side of the bike? If so, how many times did you turn it? My bike was doing the same thing because the **** wasn't at the correct setting and my plugs ended up becoming worthless, but they still "looked good". After swapping out the plugs with some NGK Iridiums and turning the **** 2.25 turns counter-clockwise, the bike started, but the rpms shot up to 5k. After i picked up my heart from freaking out, I adjusted the **** with a little turn counter-clockwise to lower the rpm and now it runs like a champ. If it's extremely cold where you are you're going to want it at around 2.5-3k rpm when it first starts up. After it warms up completely, you'll be able to fine tune it from there. I just did this yesterday. Hope this helps.

ill give this a try in the morning when i pick my carbs up. i am having them cleaned in a ultra sonic bath. supposed to be the best way to clean them. thin i will put plugs in it and try your trick. i hope it works! the motor is actually on a dune buggy kinda deal. im excited to drive it!!! thanks for the help ill keep you guys updated

Old 11-18-2011, 08:01 AM

If you look at the top of the previous page you'll see an F2 tech. sub forum. Look here.... https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-tech-9...g-101-a-96888/

And here...... https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/please-start-posting-tech-related-threads-tech-section-109189/

There's a lot of info in the tech. section. It has been very helpful to me. I'm currently in the middle of cleaning my carbs. too. It's not easy but I'm sure it's well worth the effort. You can't expect to get a proper tune on your carbs. if their all gunked up. The hardest part for me was simply pulling them off the head. Mine were really stuck on there! Good luck man.

Last edited by Wranghondo; 11-18-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:15 PM

Yea I thought I was in the tech part.. And I did read that, and didnallnof what it says. I know how to clean carbs haha but that is an awesome how to! I took the carbs to a sonic bath @350 degrees. Made them look brand new. Put the on and it ran better but still choppy then it eventually started to rev and clear out! Runs like A champ now! True believer in the sonic bath! Must hbe just had shut stuck somewhere in the bodies that I coulndt get to good

Quick Reply: Any help would be awesome..carbs?