CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

all most time to put the toys away

Old 09-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default all most time to put the toys away

what do you all do to your cbrs when you put them away for winter to keep the carbs clean?

Old 09-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ride mine. :-)

Old 09-08-2011, 11:10 PM

You know, Battery Tender, Sta-bil, start and warm it up now and then.....

Old 09-08-2011, 11:20 PM

I do the same as Morpheus.

But this year semmed to go by a lot faster. Crazy weather all summer long. Seemed to rain all the time while i was off work!

Old 09-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no shut up shut up shut up, this thread shouldn't be up yet!!!!!! i don't wanna put my cibber away ):

Old 09-09-2011, 12:54 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

SoCal....we here ride thru all 4 season. Actually winter is my favorite time to ride. cold weather = better engine performance. If you plan on storing bike, i believe you must drain the gas tank.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont drain tank. Fill it clear full and add stabil. I read somewhere marine stabil is better than regular stabil. Empty tank draws moisture. I fill mine, then come spring siphon it out, put in fresh, run the old gas in lawn mowers.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:35 AM

as kidzplay said this summer in utah went by way to fast with all this crazy weather we had. But i usually try to ride year round even ion the snow lol. As far as storing a bike i have a ton of steps i follow. First thing i do before i store it is run the tank to almost empty then add stabil and then fill the tank and ride it for a bit to get the stabil in the carbs. Then I shut off the fuel but the bike on wheel lifts then i change the oil with fresh oil and lube everything including the chain,bearings,air filter. I also run some armoral onto the wheel to protect them(dont worry i wash it off before i ride it again)Then I wash and polish the bike to give it a nice shine and then i wrap it in plastic wrap until it is all cover then i cover it with a bike cover. I like o make sure things stay clean and protected. Then when spring comes around I unwrap the the bike and wash it again. I also re oil everything and change the oil yet again. That has protected all my bikes int he past and also promises me my bike will run when i bring it out. So yeah i am very picky how my bike is stored. Plus i have never had a garage so by doing all these steps it helps me feel better about leaving it outside.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:52 PM

LIAR!!! Theres still time!!!!!

Old 09-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you add stabilizer, be sure and run the bike for a bit to pull it into the bowls.
Else, you're just protecting the tank. +1 on the full tank as well, condensation is NOT your friend. Battery tender and bi-weekly starts is also a good suggestion.

Personally, I ride until the temp hits around 28 fairenheit. Cold weather is some
of the best. The air is super dense, engine is shedding heat easily. You have to remember to warm your tires before you get 'froggy', but they'll heat up fine.
Dress for it and you'll see what I'm saying. It's worth the trouble.

Ern

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: all most time to put the toys away