CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Airtech fairings

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Airtech fairings

Anyone used their stuff? I am in the market for a hugger and an undertail.

My hugger is missing and I live on a gravel road, so I would like one to help keep it clean underneath. Previous owner did a chop job on the tail, and I would like to clean it up a little.

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...0F21991-94.htm

Old 10-26-2009, 04:40 PM

I haven't personally ordered anything but I know a friend who called them about ordering and would of had to make the pieces because they were not setting on a shelf.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:47 PM

I have heard that, but I also heard that it only takes a week to make them. I have seen some people mention that the fit is poor.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:28 AM

You could try maier as well. I have a set from them that came on the bike I have but don't like them at all.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:24 PM

dennis kirk sells an undertail i think it runs around 100- 120 and the hugger should be pretty easy to come up with off ebay imo its kinda ugly so im sure there are lots sitting around like mine.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Default plastics

I have two rear seat cowls that fit over the rear tail light.
One of them the brackets that were on one of my bikes broke so I jerry rigged it but its white.
The other one is from a RR which was strange but it fits.
Someone made a homemade mechnism to get that to fit.

I have some side covers from maire too but not sure if I am keeping those.
They're in decent shape...black I would say in color.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:31 PM

I have the 97/98 F3 version of the undertail you're looking at. As stated by others, it takes a month to month and a half for him to make and get shipped to you cuz he doesn't stock the pieces.

As for my impression of it... I haven't put mine on because I'm not too keen on the fit. Don't get me wrong, the piece is molded well and is definitely designed to be fitted to my bike, but it's left up to you decide how to modify it to attach to your bike and the blank design of it doesn't really give you a lot of option without just attaching it directly to the side cover fairing. Instead, I think I'm going to sell mine back to someone on ebay at a bit of a price cut and just get myself a piece of sheet metal and do my own job.

I could make mine work, but I think I'd be just as happy with something I made out of a 1/16" piece of painted sheet metal which I paid $10 for. If you can find an undertail kit I'd go with that over this blank undertail. That's my 2 cents.

Old 10-28-2009, 02:36 PM

BTW:

All my personal issues with what I want to do with my bike aside, the quality and fitment were right on as described and the craftmanship is quite good. It's thick molded fiberglass; very clean and well constructed.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by chuckbear
I have the 97/98 F3 version of the undertail you're looking at. As stated by others, it takes a month to month and a half for him to make and get shipped to you cuz he doesn't stock the pieces.

As for my impression of it... I haven't put mine on because I'm not too keen on the fit. Don't get me wrong, the piece is molded well and is definitely designed to be fitted to my bike, but it's left up to you decide how to modify it to attach to your bike and the blank design of it doesn't really give you a lot of option without just attaching it directly to the side cover fairing. Instead, I think I'm going to sell mine back to someone on ebay at a bit of a price cut and just get myself a piece of sheet metal and do my own job.

I could make mine work, but I think I'd be just as happy with something I made out of a 1/16" piece of painted sheet metal which I paid $10 for. If you can find an undertail kit I'd go with that over this blank undertail. That's my 2 cents.
Thanks, that is what I was looking for.

I have a friend that rebuilds cars, I may look into having him fabricate something for me.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mmk

Air tech is good product.

I have 3 full race sets. They hold up fine, and like any bodywork, need a pull here and push there to fit.

Why do u need a fiberglass hugger? when ebay has stock for like 15$.

Quick Reply: Airtech fairings