CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Affrdable wave rotor knock offs... Anyone try them?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Affrdable wave rotor knock offs... Anyone try them?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...Q5fAccessories

So I'm linking to ebay solely for this example, not because I'm trying to sell them.

I led a group ride this past weekend, and a dude on the ride had a highly customized and rebuilt... well franken GSXR! It had a wide variety of bad *** parts from accross a variety of the GSXR generations, but in the end he had a highly nimble and strong setup!

Anyways, one thing I noticed is he had wave rotors. I mentioned it, and the dude went on about how there is a company on ebay making knock offs, how his were said knock offs, and worked GREAT.

So I looked them up, and they do infact make the wave rotors for our bikes, for about $200~ shipped. Not a bad start really, and cheaper than OEM or any of the other companies alternatives. Given the simplicity of our brakes, I'm inclined to beleive these will work jus as good as GSXR dudes.

Anyone have any experience with them? They look legit, they're the right sizes and all that, so I think they just may do the trick...

Old 07-09-2010, 10:50 AM

I've used them and can't complain at all. I'll admit I was surprised by the quality, as I half expected them to be made of cheese. There were a couple of complaints about the pins wearing in the full floaters, but with solid discs you really can't go wrong.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have one on my rear, but have yet to do any testing. Bike goes on the road soon though, I'll try to post up my experience on bedding the pads in to the rotor and brake feel.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any feedback on these yet? I've apparently got a warped front stocker, and pricing on this set is better than trying to buy OEM.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:19 PM

I've heard good things from my friend riding them on his SV650, and he rallies that beast! His are full floating as well. Ours are bolted straight to the rim, so given the minimal nature of our rotors, I cant imagine we'd have issues.

You should try them for us!!!

Old 08-07-2010, 12:18 AM

Are the wave rotors any lighter than stock?

Old 08-09-2010, 08:05 PM

Yes and they distribute heat better preventing brake fade and... well I just hear from a lot of people I respect endlessly that they are the best braking improvement out there!

Old 08-24-2010, 09:54 AM

Waiting for feedback on those discs, cause i would need new ones for next season.
I'm also thinking about better brake calipers, have anyone have some information, is there something like this for an old F2???

Ok, got my answer by myself. I need to go for F3 front.
Another future mod for my bike

Last edited by Gacho; 08-24-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard nothing but good things about these rotors. I have a $29.99 rear wave rotor I hope to install on my Blackbird next weekend, it looks great and appears to be quite well made. The brand name is Arashi -- same as my last mountain bike Unfortunately they don't make the knockoffs for my '98, only the 99+. When it's time for new front rotors it will actually be cheaper to switch to a newer front wheel and knockoffs than just buying new stock rotors, never mind actual Galfer wave rotors.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:06 PM

Well, I'd like to hear from some one with them currently on their bike!

I've heard from two people now who have them on their bike, and they speak the world of them, say they work better than OEM, and cost less. Sounds like they're all that and then some

Quick Reply: Affrdable wave rotor knock offs... Anyone try them?