CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

'93 F2 rim job

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '93 F2 rim job

So during the spring i was passing a car around 65mph and hit a rock when coming back into the lane. i didn't go down but i did get a little bend in my front rim. I've tried swapping tires hoping it just damaged the carcass of the tire but, after spin balancing the rim i could see the small ding.

I'm very hesitant to even think about buying a rim off eBay because most of them are already dinged, scratched, or have small bends or blemishes. My bike only has 8,530 mi and i like it to look good.

I've contacted some local and non local places about having my rim "Straightened" and am looking at around $300 w/ shipping cost or fuel cost to have that done.

I work at a local dealer and can get a good deal on a rim for around $450, but that's a lot of cash to hand over for a rim....Anyone have any suggestions on where i should go with this? I've put this off all winter and now it's time to think about riding season again.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a bunch of F2 rims sitting around Doc Browns motorcycles here in portland. They should all be in good shape as well I imagine, but the Doc would check them before sending them out. You should call their and inquire.

I hear you on the buying rims from Ebay. Nothing but scoundrels selling parts on there!