CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

600 F2 / RR Mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 600 F2 / RR Mods

Hi Guys. Im a noobie to the thread but have spent a good few hours since buyin my F2 4 Weeks ago reading through some of your own mods / idea's. In the end i decided to chop the entire rear (inc sunframe) off my bike to make it stand out a little and fitted an 05 RR Tail. I also bought a full set of brand new plastics from one of the chinese ebayers and stuck them on. They do fit well and all the holes lined up but I did have to drill out the holes slightly to get the spacings correct but was very straightforward. The finish on the paintwork is excellent and for the money would recommend them to anyone.

Anyway. Just wanted to start this thread to say hi and post a pic my F2. I took a lot of pics when i did the tail so if anyone would like any help or support or even a shopping list of parts required then just let me know.

Phill.

Attached Thumbnails 600 F2 / RR Mods-cbr-small.jpg  
Old 09-12-2009, 04:20 PM

Wow! That looks really great, excellent job on the tail..

Old 09-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job. Looks really nice the panels do.

Who did you buy it from "person on ebay"
What did you do for the gas tank?

How do you like this over all?

Old 09-13-2009, 02:59 AM

The parts were all sourced from ebay. The tank is the standard F2 tank. To mount it I cut the bracket off the old subframe.drilled a hole either side and it lined up with 2 threads on the RR Frame perfectly. These also worked to mount the Seat infill panels.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by G15OST
The parts were all sourced from ebay. The tank is the standard F2 tank. To mount it I cut the bracket off the old subframe.drilled a hole either side and it lined up with 2 threads on the RR Frame perfectly. These also worked to mount the Seat infill panels.
more closer pics? i was thinking about diong this. i didnt know if i should fab my own tail mounts to the f3 subframe or swap out the subframe completely.

whered you relocated all the stuff like the battery box and the r/r and stuff??

Old 09-14-2009, 09:52 AM

Looks...weird, interesting for sure. I like it...I think

Old 09-14-2009, 01:29 PM

The tail looks awesome... not sure about the exhaust though... too vertical for me

Old 09-19-2009, 06:43 AM

All the battery and wiring sat in the RR Undertray perfectly with minimum fuss. the only mod i had to do was extend the battery earth lead by a few inches. The tail light i chopped the plug off the original f2 and joined it to the RR light and that worked fine. id definatley swop out your old subframe so you can get the angle of the seat right. It should be 41inches from the floor to the top of the seat cowl.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by G15OST
Hi Guys. Im a noobie to the thread but have spent a good few hours since buyin my F2 4 Weeks ago reading through some of your own mods / idea's. In the end i decided to chop the entire rear (inc sunframe) off my bike to make it stand out a little and fitted an 05 RR Tail. I also bought a full set of brand new plastics from one of the chinese ebayers and stuck them on. They do fit well and all the holes lined up but I did have to drill out the holes slightly to get the spacings correct but was very straightforward. The finish on the paintwork is excellent and for the money would recommend them to anyone.

Anyway. Just wanted to start this thread to say hi and post a pic my F2. I took a lot of pics when i did the tail so if anyone would like any help or support or even a shopping list of parts required then just let me know.

Phill.
Good job on the tail section...looks really good!

Old 09-21-2009, 12:26 PM

thats a pretty unique bike ya got there. i like it good job man

Quick Reply: 600 F2 / RR Mods