CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

1991 cbr600f2 starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 10:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 1991 cbr600f2 starting issues

I have had my cbr600f2 since the start of summer and it ran like a dream all through summer and for a few weeks after. After leaving it for 3 or 4 days due to unrideable weather conditions, i started the bike up using full choke as i would normally have done and left it to idle for a minute or two. I then revved it a little bit and it sounded really boggy and eventually died out and would not fire back up. I had a friend recommend for me to do various things such as check to make sure that fuel was flowing out of the tank and make sure all the plugs have a good spark and both of these were fine. he then told me to take the tank and air box off and block off the intake on all of the carbs and try to start it up and it started first time. After replacing the air box, tank and the panels i took it out on a ride and it was absolutely fine. Since then i have started the bike up every day and took it round the block just to make sure that it keeps getting a run but i missed one day due to being too busy. Since then i have had to block off the intake to start it every day. Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be the problem or at least an area to start looking in?

The following users liked this post:
toplevelpot (01-22-2022)
Old 03-04-2018, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choke

Originally Posted by jordancbrf2
I have had my cbr600f2 since the start of summer and it ran like a dream all through summer and for a few weeks after. After leaving it for 3 or 4 days due to unrideable weather conditions, i started the bike up using full choke as i would normally have done and left it to idle for a minute or two. I then revved it a little bit and it sounded really boggy and eventually died out and would not fire back up. I had a friend recommend for me to do various things such as check to make sure that fuel was flowing out of the tank and make sure all the plugs have a good spark and both of these were fine. he then told me to take the tank and air box off and block off the intake on all of the carbs and try to start it up and it started first time. After replacing the air box, tank and the panels i took it out on a ride and it was absolutely fine. Since then i have started the bike up every day and took it round the block just to make sure that it keeps getting a run but i missed one day due to being too busy. Since then i have had to block off the intake to start it every day. Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be the problem or at least an area to start looking in?
I'm no mechanic and maybe laughed at for saying this but might it be the choke cable? If it starts wen u cover the intake? Does it start wen its warm