CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

Where can I get parts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I get parts?

Hey guys, new CBR owner here... Bought an 1989 CBR 600 on saturday. Got a good deal, but it needs some parts..

What it needs are fairings (basically all of them), a new windshield, mirrors, turn signals, and other little things here and there..

Wondering where I can get this stuff? There is a bike salvage shop here in town, but they don't have anything.. Any suggestions? Having a hard time finding them online/ebay...

Thanks!

Old 09-19-2011, 12:52 PM

Try craigslist... eBay and craigslist have alot of good parts depending on where you are in the world.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:53 PM

Or try the parts for sale thread here!!!

Old 09-19-2011, 01:02 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

eBay will have some but you must be patience...don't try to complete project in short period of time, the more slowly you take, oppitunity will present itself. Especially parts for a 89. I have a 94 and once a while some good parts will be available on eBay...just keep searching newest listing every week.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:12 PM

for fairings, airtech-streamlining.com makes fiberglass panels to replace your broken/missing ones.

the inner fairing pieces will be the worst to find. they SEEM to be unobtainium.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:10 PM

Thanks for the tips guys. I took a look at airtech-streamlining.com and that seems to be a really good resource. Thanks for that info Bobthebiker.

estate4life, you are totally right.. I shouldn't rush it. Guess I'm just so excited to get my new bike all fixed up and shiny Oh well, it will come in time..

Old 09-19-2011, 03:15 PM

And if your ever looking for hard parts mrcycle.com is the best I have found out there!!!

Old 09-19-2011, 03:48 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah...I've been there. First few months when purchased my new 94', I want to do everything fast....so the faster you go, likely you'll make wrong decisions which will cost money & head ache. There are so many examples like:

1. I change the oil using fully synthetic. Thereafter, I saw a
nice factory pro aluminum stator
case cover off EBay. I Bid &
won. I was so in a hurry to
make bike looking nice with a
Factory Pro aluminum stator
cover, I rush to install. When
taking off old stator cover,
guess what? Fresh synthetic Oil
spill out wasted!!! Damn it...I
should of waited next time oil
change is need to install cover.

2. Purchase an V&H exhaust
for $250....seller send me a
wrong year so it did not fit? I
said damn it...send it back in for
refund....wanted to buy exact
one off eBay but there was
nothing left for my year. Then 2
month later, one seller list a
V&H pipe for my year on
eBay...I bid and won exhaust
for $49 free shipping. Same
pipe that fits my year! For $200
less!!!!

3. Hurry to buy a pair of armor gloves. Spent $45 for a good pair black in color. Then 2 weeks later, one seller just sold his bike, listed a brand new pair of leather glove Kevlar made by AGV that sponsers Honda back in 1994, the glove was specifically made for my 94 CBR...same 3 color scheme...start bid at $15 so I bid. Won glove for $15 freeshipping. Now I end up with both gloves but the $15 one is
Better quality & match color.
If your planning to own your CBR for long long time...you have all the time you need to make upgrade. Focus on getting the mechanical features sound & engine running strong! Last thing you want is a beautiful cosmetic bike stranded roadside??

Upgrade cosmetic Beauty to your bike when oppitunity comes & the deal is so good, you cannot pass offer. Believe me, when oppitunity comes, the right parts at the right price may be one mans trash is another mans treasure.

1st year into owning my bike, I found myself broke with all kinds if parts my bike don't need then ending up selling it back on eBay....same goes for armor gear, helmet, boots, gloves etc....

Originally Posted by GMC_Guy77
Thanks for the tips guys. I took a look at airtech-streamlining.com and that seems to be a really good resource. Thanks for that info Bobthebiker.

estate4life, you are totally right.. I shouldn't rush it. Guess I'm just so excited to get my new bike all fixed up and shiny Oh well, it will come in time..