CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

what now...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 07:08 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what now...

hey guys,
so ran into a little bit of a problem with my bike. I took it out and rode it this weekend and i did some, for lack of a better way to put it fast riding. I went to make a turn after slowing and when I went to get back on the throttle it hesitated. When I was running the bike through its paces it wasnt hesitating at all, it was a thing of beauty how well it was going. so I get it back home and mess with it a little bit and it seemed to be ok. I rode to work yesterday and when I left around lunch time to goto a class I had to teach I was on the highway, doing about 85 ish went to get off the highway and came upon a stop light. When I went to roll on the throttle the bike bogged down and died, and I couldnt get it started again, forcing me to take the push of shame... Anyone have any ideas? Some history, I had the tank cleaned, the carbs rebuilt and synced new plugs the whole 9 yards done. New gel battery thats less than 2 months old also in the bike. and yes of course I know it was getting fuel because when trying to get it started again, im pretty sure i sealed my sitting on the side of the road fate because after a while i could smell the gas... Oh also When I was lookin at the bike last night i noticed that the plug wires for the cylinders on the left side of the engine were just kinda sitting there and werent really plugged in...anyone think that could be my problem?

Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well first step is check the plug-wires you thought might be loose.
Try the bike after, see how it runs.

If not that, then pop back in and we can kick the can, farther down the road.
Also, might mention year/ model. The CBR 600F forum covers a lot of ground.

Ern

Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

BTW, it's a 1987 600F.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:44 PM
Registered Users

lol yea its a 600f, sorry for not mentioning that. I have to get a new battery now cause my battery is dead so ill have to try again when i get that replaced.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Registered Users

alright so i got the battery charged and i managed to get it fired again, still is doing the bogging issue, doesnt matter if the choke is on or not.